Halloween Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!

This year I created a 3 minute animation to send to my friends as a Halloween greeting card. It's based on the artwork of Jan Pienkowski, who is known for his silhouette illustrations. It involved scanning and manipulating the images, and cutting out the figures paper doll style. Even though it appears 2D, it was done in 3D Studio MAX. There's a lot of fine detail in the picture that couldn't survive compression for web, since it was made for a DVD, but you can get the gist.

The Kingdom of Witches

·
Registered
37 Posts
Enjoyed your video. Great Job! Gave me some ideas to add to my display:

1. Pumpkins on spears.
2. Pumpkins hanging from overhang.
3. Skeletons carrying pumpkin spears as lights.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks all for the comments! Most people around me wouldn't understand why I would put effort into something like that. Jfiffick, if you ever make those additions to your display, I'd love to see pics.

·
Registered
20,825 Posts
That's really cool, Nocturnaloner, and the music by Nox Arcana ('Labyrinth of Dreams') fits the imagery perfectly:cool:

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
That's really cool, Nocturnaloner, and the music by Nox Arcana ('Labyrinth of Dreams') fits the imagery perfectly:cool:
I thought so as well, thanks! I started the project with a different song, but it wasn't long enough to accomplish what I needed. Amazon and Itunes led me to Nox Arcana, and this song has the perfect tone. Before I got it, the skeletons were not singing in the cave, and the whole rhythm of the piece was different, so the song really helped a lot. I had never heard of them before.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'm digging this up, because even after five years, Kingdom of Witches still seems to resonate with people, and I'm really glad. I have an idea for a larger project that will have a similar feel, but it's going to take a while yet.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts