Halloween Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had never heard of or seen purple roses before! Now I'm tempted to get one purple and one orange rose bush and have myself a Halloween rose garden! For me purple and orange are two of the essential Halloween colors, aside from black and I have never heard of black roses either. They would look so cool cut and in a vase for a Halloween party.
David Austin Roses
David Austin Roses

·
Registered
13,901 Posts
I had never heard of or seen purple roses before! Now I'm tempted to get one purple and one orange rose bush and have myself a Halloween rose garden! For me purple and orange are two of the essential Halloween colors, aside from black and I have never heard of black roses either. They would look so cool cut and in a vase for a Halloween party.
David Austin Roses
David Austin Roses

My mom's been into gardening for decades and has had roses in the past. I seem to recall that the purple and black roses have been around for a number of decades. And I agree they would look cool. I however didn't inherit my mom's green thumb so have to resort to buying my flowers :eek:

·
Registered
35 Posts
There isn't a black rose, but there are roses like the Black Beauty and Black Baccara that are a really deep burghundy colour that would make a lovely Halloween garden.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ooooooo, those calla lilies are pretty too!
I think I may go for one rose plant in each color. I'm a little nervous about killing them since I have never had roses before and my green thumb is a bit random on what it likes and when. It's like my thumbs have a mind of their own!

·
Registered
66 Posts
I have a neighbour who has black tulips and I freaking adore them. I intend to get some of my own, it's a shame they don't last long though.

·
Ghouls Rule
2,589 Posts
good timing on this thread! Ive been researching flowers and found some cool ones, I knew about the different colored roses but never did I think about planting those, and those lilies! Whoa! Thanks for the inspiration folks! I wanna plant these now!

·
Foolish Mortal
772 Posts
I have a black calla lily called Edge of Night. I believe it is the darkest and it looks truly black. It is gorgeous and a single bloom lasts a month. Sadly it is in june/july not October. :(

·
Hauntingly Addicting
6,068 Posts
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH I love the purple roses. I only plant purple flowers in my garden, all shades and they would be a nice addtion. Oh man I may have to get a couple

·
Hauntingly Addicting
6,068 Posts
That sounds really cool! Any pictures of your garden?

Actually my garden is not in as full bloom at the moment as I would like. Spring time it was a purple explosion. :D I just love all different shades of purple with the different shades of green. Since I like an older Victorian type garden....you know with earns, and statues, usually in hues of khaki and taupe and if there is any cast iron it is a deep brown metallic.....the purple and greens really compliment it nicely. I am actually going to go outside right now to see where Id put those purple roses if I get them....I mean when I get them:p

1 - 14 of 14 Posts