Halloween Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any fellow quilters here? I've been making quilts and blankets for about five years now, and it seems that at least half are Halloween themed.

Here's my current project: ghosts! I've been inspired by the 60s Addams Family TV show. I think these cuties would feel right at home in the Addams' house.
IMG_0379.jpg

Show off your projects!

·
Registered
73 Posts
I need to convince someone in my life to make this for me. I love it.

·
Registered
199 Posts
I didn't make this myself (my sewing skills are more clothing centric), but one of my closest friends quilts and she made this for me. The whole thing is shaped like a giant spider web:

quilt3.jpg

quilt.jpg

quilt2.jpg

My aunt also quilts and made this wall-hanging with my son in mind some time ago:

pumpkinquilt.jpg

I adore those ghosts, Ghost Puppy!!! Beautiful!

·
Registered
932 Posts
I didn't make this myself (my sewing skills are more clothing centric), but one of my closest friends quilts and she made this for me. The whole thing is shaped like a giant spider web:

View attachment 550983

View attachment 550985

View attachment 550987

My aunt also quilts and made this wall-hanging with my son in mind some time ago:

View attachment 550989

I adore those ghosts, Ghost Puppy!!! Beautiful!
I love that spider web one !!!! I will buy one if she makes another

·
Typical Ghoul Next Door
7,469 Posts
These are all just lovely. I sew, but never attempted to quilt. Maybe this is something I need to look into...

·
Registered
199 Posts
Hallowmas, I've tried talking my friend into opening her own Etsy store for years. I'll pass on your praise, though. Maybe that will entice her. ;-)

Frankie's Girl, I'm wanting to learn myself. I'm told if one knows how to sew basic things on a machine, quilting isn't that hard.

Reactions: hallowmas

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Those are gorgeous! I especially love the black and white fabric choices your friend made.

Tyrant, machine quilting isn't that hard... I actually find it way easier than clothing construction. It's a lot of repetition making the same blocks over and over, but I find it kind of meditative.

·
Registered
932 Posts
I got two quilts from sew scary years ago
I would gladly pay if someone wants to make one , I even have fabric I can send

Reactions: moonwitchkitty

·
Head Witch
2,872 Posts
I love to sew and I have made an autumn quilt, I've only started the Halloween quilt. Goulet and little Goulet made me a Halloween Quilt for a REaper exchange, talk about feeling humbled. Once it cools off here I'll have to Post pictures. ( Fall/ Winter stuff is put away)
Ghost puppy you've got some serious skills

·
Registered
199 Posts
Darn, Ghost Puppy. That's an amazing quilt! I'd keep that out all year round.

·
My other ride is a Ninja
11,359 Posts

·
Registered
427 Posts
Omg I love this!

Any fellow quilters here? I've been making quilts and blankets for about five years now, and it seems that at least half are Halloween themed.

Here's my current project: ghosts! I've been inspired by the 60s Addams Family TV show. I think these cuties would feel right at home in the Addams' house.
View attachment 550167

Show off your projects!

·
Registered
356 Posts
Bravo everyone! I wish I could do something like this.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Those are all beautiful quilts. I just reorganized my fabric stash last month and found all my Halloween fabric. I was hoping to use it this year for Bonnie Hunter’s annual mystery quilt in November. I haven’t done a Halloween quilt and figured this would be a good way to combine both my hobbies.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts