Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 155 Posts

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Boosting this thread so it stays closer to the top of the page.

Deadna, a Ragtime quilt is a quilt on which the seams are made to stand up on the right side of the quilt. After all the seams are done, they are clipped in little strips that once washed fray up a little and make a nice border around each block. The back side of the quilt is smooth and the advantage of this kind of quilt is that each block is quilted as you sew them together so there is no expense of getting a quilt top quilted by someone else.

This is a picture of the first two row laying next to each other on my design board. Notice how the seams stand up?

Attachments

·
Registered
394 Posts
That is just beautiful! While I have no luck with these, just don't want to give up the opportunity either! Thank you!!!

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Wickedlywillingwench, as you can tell with my icon I am obsessed with it too.

PMTT everyone will have an equal chance. I am going to put each name on a folded slip of paper and have my husband draw out the winning name. That person will then be private messaged for their address infomation. I am hoping to have the quilt in the mail the morning of Oct 28th.

·
Registered
2,652 Posts
ghouliet, a rag quilt with the ghastlies is on my agenda for next year, too. = Of course, i first need to learn how to do it.

I am sure the lucky recipient will be tickled spitless.

·
Spider Maven
1,469 Posts
Count me in too...amazing.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Wickedlywillingwench, as you can tell with my icon I am obsessed with it too.

PMTT everyone will have an equal chance. I am going to put each name on a folded slip of paper and have my husband draw out the winning name. That person will then be private messaged for their address infomation. I am hoping to have the quilt in the mail the morning of Oct 28th.
Oh I know! I didn't mean to imply that at all! My luck just sucks, that's all! LOL!

·
Registered
260 Posts
yeaaah...I would love to be cuddled up in a Halloween quilt. yes please.

1 - 20 of 155 Posts