Halloween Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
And 43 days to get it ALLLLL done! No stress, right?

·
Registered
43 Posts

·
Lord of the Cemetery
2,081 Posts
Great work!
Like Meeps, I love the candle holders on the piano. Your Reaper is awesome (How much does he weigh?).. and the RamesesII head is very good.
I had the priviledge of seeing the real RamesesII mummy in the Cairo Museum a couple years ago and I must say you have captured the rather distinctive bone structure very well.

Looking forward to seeing more of your work on the forum.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Great work!
Like Meeps, I love the candle holders on the piano. Your Reaper is awesome (How much does he weigh?).. and the RamesesII head is very good.
I had the priviledge of seeing the real RamesesII mummy in the Cairo Museum a couple years ago and I must say you have captured the rather distinctive bone structure very well.

Looking forward to seeing more of your work on the forum.
OMGoodness!! I would so love to see anything Egyptian!! As you can tell by my nickname,I love it all!! I actually made that head to go on the piano player,kinda a butler,ghoul guy...the more I looked at the head,the more I saw RamsesII . I told my husband that it had to become RamsesII .He (The great guy he is.)..built a coffin for him,and just today I framed out the mummy body.
I LOVE finding things to use for my props and the candle holders were beside the road being thrown out. My hubby was like "What do you want those for?" I didn't know at the time,but,I started on the piano,and they fit right in. I want to get big candle pillars for them.
The Reaper is prolly 75 pounds. He got another coat of black today. I will be making a clock face for him. I want an hourglass as well,but,ppl are not understanding the Reaper and time together thing.
The witch has structural issues,so tomorrow I will be under her skirts re-stablizing her. I found a cauldren a year or so ago,and that will go with her, I put spray insulation around the edge of the cauldren so it looks like something is foaming over it!! Thankyou for all of the kind words..You all rock on here!! ~Shelley

·
Registered
298 Posts
Very Nice!!!!!!! How did you do the Mummy heads. They look awesome!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I use "rigid wrap" I like it because it dries very fast,and it makes holding the eyes in a quick job. let dry overnight. Then I slit the back,and remove it from the head (you can see the heads I use as forms in the background of a couple of the other pictures)
Then I put a stick in the hollow part,and fill the head with spray insulation foam. let dry overnight. Then I monster mud them... then base coat,and paint,and poly them. I have see these type of heads for sale for $60 dollars apiece! ~Shelley

·
Registered
298 Posts
Well they look fantastic! You did a terrific job!

·
Registered
311 Posts
Wow, very nice work. Thanks so much for the piano ideas too! We are doing a Haunted Hotel theme for a big party this year, and have an up right piano like yours. If I get my Bucky's in time, we have a "Lounge singer" there. Your piano treatment was simple, but very nice. I think I have some old sconces too.

Good work, keep the pics coming...

·
Girl Gone Mad
1,638 Posts
busy busy busy busy busy......all of it is great work! but like everyone else I have to say that I like the piano too.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts