Halloween Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
windowfx halloween projecting

had anyone used this and know whether its as good as the atmosfearfx projecting? I cant seem to get my projector to work for atmosfearfx so I thought about this instead cause it looks easy. anyone have any input on quality of image and what not of this? thanks for any info u may have.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I have a projector with 2600 lumens and a DVD player that I do not know are compatible together with the use of the atmosfear fx DVDs. I Was wondering if anyone could help me out with that. I have a picture of the back of both Outlets the first is my DVD and second picture is my projector. Can anyone please tell me if they know that these are compatible or not so I can stop wasting my time trying to make this work. Thanks. :rolleyes:

Attachments

·
Registered
3,756 Posts
Should be no problem. You can use the HDMI connections which is just one cable or you can use A/V cables which are red, white, and yellow. Red and white are audio, yellow is video. Use the red and white "in" jacks on the projector.

·
Here to burgle your turts
2,305 Posts
A quick word of warning - if you're going to go buy a HDMI cable, there's places and brands that will charge you upwards of $150, BUT there's no reason you can't get a decent cord for $20 or less. Monoprice.com has short ones for as low as $2. (That seems TOO cheap to me though.)

I don't think you need to spend a fortune on a cable for these kinds of purposes. More knowledgeable people may chime in.

·
Registered
671 Posts
I've bought a lot of cables from monoprice and always had good luck with them! Go ahead and test everything first with a standard HDMI cable you already have ith your DVD player and then order one from monoprice in whatever length you need. if you are having issues make sure your projector input is set to the HDMI input. There should be no issues playing atmosfear FX DVD's. If the DVD will play to your TV, it will play to your projector as well. keep trying!

·
Here to burgle your turts
2,305 Posts
^Thanks Rich.

I'm sure there's likely places locally you can get cables for cheap if you like (not as cheap as mono price.) Dollar stores likely even have cables that would get you by for a few days a year.

I I just wanted to make sure you weren't scared off by the price of the cables...that's where a lot of places like Best Buy make their money ("you're buying a TV? You'll also need these cables") so the markup at hose places tends to be huge.

But HDMI does make things really easy.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
What is USB 1 and 2? So out of all those cords I only need the HDMI one connected to the HDMI out on the DVD unit?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Here's a question you're going to get a kick out of; I have a pic of two chords and I'm assuming the one on the left is my power cord which I obviously need it is the one on the right VGA? If it is I am assuming I don't need that right? I know totally clueless haha

Attachments

·
Registered
3,756 Posts
Here's a question you're going to get a kick out of; I have a pic of two chords and I'm assuming the one on the left is my power cord which I obviously need it is the one on the right VGA? If it is I am assuming I don't need that right? I know totally clueless haha
Correct on the cords. The USB ports on your projector are typically for playing files directly from a flash drive. Any HDMI cable will be fine, as mentioned, no need to spend a lot.

·
Registered
683 Posts
The only things you need are the power cord, which you attach to the projector left of the hdmi1 (that is your input from the dvd), and hdmi cable, which you either already have or can easily buy anywhere from big lots to amazon to walgreens, etc. just long enough to connect. You will also need a multiplug, since you now have a dvd player, a projector, and possibly powered speakers for audio- which you connect from the dvd.

One caveat: connecting the dvd to the projector via hdmi can disable the audio out function of the dvd player. If this happens connect the audio through the projector L-OUT and R-OUT and see if you get audio there. If you still get audio from the dvd player disregard this.

Also, did you buy atmosfearfx dvd or download? It you did the download the format might not be compatible with your dvd player- a lot more steps have to be done to convert the file to become a dvd playable format.

Disregard the USB1, USB2, and the VGA cable and inputs. Ideally you should only have one cable (hdmi) connecting from the dvd player to the projector (HDMI1). Make sure you set the input on the projector. It might also have a auto input function so it will look for any plugged inputs and project that accordingly.

Good luck
Victor

1 - 14 of 14 Posts