Halloween Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I always like a cup of hot chocolate on hand while I prop build or decorate. I usually get caught up and forget about it so I rarely drink all of it. (Or I'd be 400 lbs by now!) Still, it's one of those things that signal - it's time to start the haunt to me.

Do you have any rituals around prepping your haunt? Or am I the only one?

·
Registered
328 Posts
I tried hot cocoa while prop building one year. It spilled all over the workbench and the garage floor. And it was a pain to get cleaned up. Haven't had cocoa since. I think my ritual is once every week or two I have a minor panic induced nervous breakdown about how much still has to be done.

·
A Great Pumpkin
3,103 Posts
I do like a cup of hot chocolate or cider to help get in the mood when I'm getting ready to set up, so that & lighting some fall scented candles is certainly among the traditions we do when setting up & getting in the mood. We also watch the orignal "Halloween" movie (though we usually wait until mid-Oct.).

·
Registered
623 Posts
I tried hot cocoa while prop building one year. It spilled all over the workbench and the garage floor. And it was a pain to get cleaned up. Haven't had cocoa since. I think my ritual is once every week or two I have a minor panic induced nervous breakdown about how much still has to be done.
I skip the cocoa and go straight to the panic. My ritual, if you want to call it that, is to listen to the music that I'll have playing during the party.

·
Seer of All
2,939 Posts
For me, after a while those rituals or traditions start to feel like rules and I don't enjoy them anymore. I just do whatever sounds like fun at that particular moment.

·
Registered
321 Posts
I don't think we have a ritual...perhaps we need some. We just have our regular fighting with extension cords and frowns over props that no longer work...i'm such a pessimist...blah...lol. As awesome as i know it will look i'm SO dreading attaching all these bags of stretchy spider webs to the entire front of our house...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts