Halloween Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know if the kids in my neighbourhood played a prank or if the wind was so bad last night that some of my sons toys got loose.

I awoke this morning to find a soccer ball lodged in the cemetery fence and one next to a spotlight which turned it around.
There was nothing missing or broken, so I'm not sure what's happening.

I had a yard sale earlier this summer and was told by many neighbours about how much they as well as their children love my Halloween and Christmas displays. So I would like to think that it was the wind.

Am I worrying for nothing?

·
Blaberus craniifer
4,920 Posts
My one neighbor is always pranking my display...... Before the city cut down my giant tree, I use to have a 15' spider web hung up, and every week I'd find a different large stuffed animal wrapped up in webbing tied up in the web. High enough that I know he had to drag a ladder out there to put it up. This year without the web, I woke to find all the skeletons wearing those plastic firemans hats this year.

·
Human Candy Shovel
1,107 Posts
You live in a coastal city in New Brunswick and you actually thought for a moment that it might have been vandalism instead of that bitter, ever-present wind? Best joke I heard all day. :D

·
Registered
169 Posts
Sounds like just the wind.

"This year without the web, I woke to find all the skeletons wearing those plastic firemans hats this year." You're neighbor sounds awesome!

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
What? Neighbor on the lawn? Vandalism! Thievery! Trespass!
Just kidding. There have been some threads recently where it seemed some folks just assumed the worse. I love the idea of the plastic firemen's helmets on the skellys. For a few years a neighbor and I had a flock of pink flamingoes that would appear in each other's yards, bedecked for different holidays.

·
Registered
3,067 Posts
Not Halloween related but one of the best pranks I've ever heard of was played on a man who was always bragging about his orange trees. One night a neighbor got his ladder and a rubber stamp he'd ordered and stamped SUNKIST on every orange he could reach.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You live in a coastal city in New Brunswick and you actually thought for a moment that it might have been vandalism instead of that bitter, ever-present wind? Best joke I heard all day. :D
Yeah I know its silly. But a few years ago I have had parts of my display stolen and others destroyed in one night. It kept me from decorating for some time, until
I moved into my home 5 years ago.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts