Halloween Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is a video I put together using the posters from another Halloweenforum member (HeatherR). I made the video planning on playing it on the t.v at our Halloween party but didn't get a chance to use it at the party. We had so many things going on and people left before we could play it. The answers are on HeatherR's profile.

Answers:
1. NightmareOnElmStreet
2. Saw
3. The Birds
4. The Excorist
5. The Ring
6. The Amityville Horror
7. Halloween
8. Invasion of the Body Snatchers
9. Sweeney Todd
10. Alien
11. Creepshow
12. House On Haunted Hilll
13.ChildsPlay
14. Psycho
15. The Grudge
16. Friday the 13th
17. What Ever Happened to Baby Jane
18.28 Days Later
19. It
20.Beetlejuice
21. Rosemary's Baby
22. Hush Hush Sweet Charlotte
23. I was a Teenage Werewolf
24. The Shining
25. The Others
26. Dracula
27. Poltergeist
28. The Lost Boys
29. The Sixth Sense
30. The Blair Witch Project
31. Shawn Of The Dead
32. The Silence Of The Lambs
33. The Texas Chainsaw Massacre
34. Hellraiser
35. Jaws
36. An American Werewolf In London
37. Young Frankenstein
38. Misery
39. Night Of The Living Dead
40. Resident Evil

·
Crawling in my skin
2,236 Posts
Heather was so kind to share this with all of us. I also used it for my party and she did such a great job on it!

·
Registered
48 Posts
wow, that is cool. and you can use it next year too.

·
Registered
14,263 Posts
I really liked the music you used. What was it from?

HeatherR was also kind enough to send me her files and I just love this whole game. Everything looks so awesome. I'm hoping to have a party this coming year and want to use it then. I've been debating on whether to do a poster version (kind of a lot of posters to display though) and let people walk around at their leisure or do a movie like you did or perhaps a slide show on a photoframe or a TV. If you miss naming one though you have to watch the whole thing again and I don't know if people would want to spend the time especially if the party was in high gear. I'll be really curious to hear how people ran the game and what their comments were on it. Blackfog, what format did you present it in?

·
Crawling in my skin
2,236 Posts
Spookie I put them all throughout the house and out of about 40 people only 6 actually joined this game. Heather did such a great job on them and I was dissappointed of the amount of people who did it. The murder winking game was another huge success and we waited till some guests arrived a little late and people came up to me and asked if we were going to play it. I also got the death's from Heather to. She saved me a bunch of time and did a fantastic job on everything!

·
Registered
14,263 Posts
Thanks for the source of the music Loran and thanks for your feedback Blackfog. I wonder if most of your attendees weren't into horror movies so didn't even feel comfortable to make the effort to guess. I don't really watch movies of the horror genre myself but didn't do that bad guessing when I looked at the game.

I wonder if maybe the game could be switched up a bit and turned it into two or three teams of people, so there's a larger pool of opinions for guesses. Maybe there could be movie titles on strips of paper and people would have to match the titles up with the movie poster (kind of like Price is Right where contestants have to place a price on a product). Each team would have a different color representing them so you could easily identify which team tagged which poster with the title. I kind of like the idea of people physically having to label a poster and it could be a timed game too to keep things moving faster with the guesses.

Or forgetting the team theme and going back to the ballot method, I guess you could have the titles all on a page handout (instead of a ballot to write a title in on the line) and people would have to correctly identify the movie title on the list to a poster number. Since this would more likely generate more correct ballots, if there's a tie for most correct guesses, you could put all the winning ballots in a box and randomly pick a winner from that group.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts