Halloween Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, did a quick search and didn't find a thread that match, so thought I'd start one. I love hand crafted perfumes, and have been on a quest to find one that screams "Halloween" without smelling like candy. I've tried a few, some I like better than others.

here is where I've gotten some from so far.

Solstice Scents

Nocturne Alchemy

Vapothcary

Anyone here have any "halloween" perfumes they'd love to share? I tend to like ones that smell spicy, forest, smoky, but not overly sweet. Most Halloween marketed scents I've run in to tend to be too foodie. :p
If anyone is interested in some reviews of the one that I consider "halloween" like, I can post them.

F

·
0 Posts
Ok, did a quick search and didn't find a thread that match, so thought I'd start one. I love hand crafted perfumes, and have been on a quest to find one that screams "Halloween" without smelling like candy. I've tried a few, some I like better than others.

here is where I've gotten some from so far.

Solstice Scents

Nocturne Alchemy

Vapothcary

Anyone here have any "halloween" perfumes they'd love to share? I tend to like ones that smell spicy, forest, smoky, but not overly sweet. Most Halloween marketed scents I've run in to tend to be too foodie. :p
If anyone is interested in some reviews of the one that I consider "halloween" like, I can post them.

I have always seen this body lotion from Dillards, called "Halloween Kiss."

kiss.jpg

Description:
This intoxicating, seductive and charming explosion of aromas begins with the fresh juices of orange, watermelon and red berries fused with pear, violet and bergamot. The opulent heart of Japanese orchid is strengthened with a bouquet of freesia, gardenia and peony, leading to a rich base of tonka bean, vanilla and patchouli.

This guy also makes a Halloween perfume, but it is described as flowery.

I am intrigued by the halloween lotion, tho.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Try looking up Black Phoenix Alchemy Labs in CA, they make Halloween theme perfumes, along with other sorts of themes. I love their products!

·
Registered
273 Posts
Try looking up Black Phoenix Alchemy Labs in CA, they make Halloween theme perfumes, along with other sorts of themes. I love their products!
I second this. Try looking up reviews online. They do a lot of scents, and you're right, it can be overwhelming. Halloween to me smells of burning leaves, damp earth, patchouli and a smidge of cider.

·
Human Candy Shovel
1,107 Posts
I opened this thread and expected it to be something like using scented fog juice for perfume. lol

In stead I find links to things I can use to scent my fog juice. :D

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I second this. Try looking up reviews online. They do a lot of scents, and you're right, it can be overwhelming. Halloween to me smells of burning leaves, damp earth, patchouli and a smidge of cider.
Everytime I wear any perfume with patchouli in it I've been asked to scrub it off, to it must hate me. I'd love to find a good Licorice smelling one, as well as one the smell like Autumn outside with just a little spice, but I haven't found either yet ;)

·
Registered
708 Posts
What good Halloween/ earthy smelling guy cologne are out there? I know of none and am not a fan of sniffing all the samples. I end up getting a headache if I do more than 4 or 5 and end up all smelling the same to me.

·
Queen of Halloween
4,246 Posts
What good Halloween/ earthy smelling guy cologne are out there? I know of none and am not a fan of sniffing all the samples. I end up getting a headache if I do more than 4 or 5 and end up all smelling the same to me.
After smelling 3 different scents, they do end up all smelling the same. Sniff coffee beans in between so you'll be able to smell each one properly

·
Registered
155 Posts
I've heard of them... THen seem intriguing, but a bit overwhelming at the same time. Have any you'd recommend?
My Halloween type faves I own are Cheshire Cat which is a dark musk, Lamia (after Neil Gaiman's Neverwhere) a spooky myrrh blend, Snake Oil which just reminds me of a gothic night all Indonesian spices with vanilla hints and Lucy's Kiss another strong spicy musk. Snake Oil is my favorite out of all, as this bottle has the least in it. :)

I have both London and The Rose which are a subtle rose floral scent. I own Bon Vivant which is a brighter floral scent, kinda happy smelling! I have Szepasszony which is a fresh clean scent. The Deep Ones is another in my collection, I'd also classify this as a clean perfume, not musky and lingering like the others I classify as Halloween. I just opened each container & gave my 2 cents! I like a range of scents so I wear what my mood is, I guess. Some days are Victorian button boots & others are saddle shoes.

·
Registered
155 Posts
My husband uses Black Phoenix Alchemy scents as well, but different ones then I like. He prefers Cyborg from their Grendel collection.

You can check out this thread for masculine scents they offer:

http://www.bpal.org/topic/691-what-scents-are-masculine-gender-neutral/

·
Registered
273 Posts
Everytime I wear any perfume with patchouli in it I've been asked to scrub it off, to it must hate me. I'd love to find a good Licorice smelling one, as well as one the smell like Autumn outside with just a little spice, but I haven't found either yet ;)
Patchouli is definitely a polarizing scent. You either love it or hate it. I think it smells glorious, but when wearing straight oil, I've been told I smell like dirt, or better yet, cobwebs LOL!! It's actually in a ton of fragrances and works well as a base note. Then it's not as overwhelming. Vanilla fragrances with a base of patchouli are divine.

·
Registered
273 Posts
My favorite for men is Dirty English by Juicy Couture. The name is ridiculous, but oh the fragrance! It's very woodsy, deep, with a bit of a leather, incense and spice. It's discontinued but you can still find it. I've scored cheap bottles for my hubby at TJ'S Maxx & Marshall's. I highly recommend.

·
Registered
708 Posts
My favorite for men is Dirty English by Juicy Couture. The name is ridiculous, but oh the fragrance! It's very woodsy, deep, with a bit of a leather, incense and spice. It's discontinued but you can still find it. I've scored cheap bottles for my hubby at TJ'S Maxx & Marshall's. I highly recommend.
Thanks. Dirty english......hahahahaha.....I'll keep an eye out. Tough name to forget.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts