Halloween Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, i love Halloween and want to have a party this year. I will be covering my walls in lining paper stained dirty with marks, as if pictures have been hung, blood, writing ect It will be like a dirty old house, covering my furniture with white ...ish sheets. Anything goes really. I am looking for some tips, things, props ect, i can make myself rather than buying , nothing too technical :) but i want loads of things the more the better :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Hi! Welcome to the forum! Well, you're definitely in the right place for ideas & tips! Take a look through this Party Forum for past events & photos - you'll see some wonderful things! You can use search terms to look through this forum as well, and if you have any questions, people here are great about helping!

·
Registered
190 Posts
You could hang torn cheese cloth from the ceiling or walls, Dollar Tree has a lot of cheap decorations like cockroaches that you could have creeping out from under furniture. Also look on Pinterest for ideas, there is a lot of stuff on there.

·
Dawn of the Dead
1,848 Posts
Hi Pauleen, nothing more fun and exciting than planning your Halloween party! From your description it sounds like you are going for an abandoned, haunted type house. Take advantage of the remaining garage sale season and Goodwill for some super cheap finds. Some ideas - Paintings and furniture you can slash up or write on with "blood." Ugly knick knacks that you can spray paint black or turn bloody. A rocking chair find would be a great addition. I'm including a link to items I've made with thrift store items. Or go to my main board where I've set up Halloween themes. Most of these point back to various Halloween Forum posts. https://www.pinterest.com/zim2/my-halloween-creations/

·
Premium Member
597 Posts
For a party on a budget, LIGHTING is your best friend. You can pick up some colored bulbs from Walmart or a local
hardware store usually.

·
Registered
429 Posts
I went into my local family run curtains and beddig shop looking for cheesecloth. They didnt have any and after chatting I explained what I was after, cheap floaty, bit battered etc. Even stuff thats torn, ripped or heading in the bin would be great. After a few minutes rummaging in the cellar I got given a bag of net curtains and the like for free. Must have 15 - 20 metres of the stuff. Ideal for veils and ghosts etc. Smells a bit musty but perfect for halloween.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Welcome to the boards. They are a great wealth of information.

Hubby and I have done a huge Halloween party for the last 9 years. In the past, we have had upwards of 200 people roll through. We transform the entire house inside and out.

Couple of tips:
1. Always be on the lookout on trash days. We have stopped numerous times and picked up items that people have trashed that can be transformed into something spooky.
2. If you drape something, make sure you keep fabric off the floor. No one wants to fall or trip.
3. Details get lost in the dark. Anything you make doesn't have to be perfect. Kenneth nailed it--lighting is your friend.
4. Planning parties is fun. Don't stress over the details. If you get stuck, reach out to us. We are all happy to share photos, stories, experiences with you!!

Welcome again!!! Post pics of things you make so we can be inspired as well.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts