Halloween Forum banner

halloween party invites

5593 29
How about some input for unusual party invites? I saw the finger ones at Michaels craft store but they r very expensive when u get into large numbers- we send out about 50-70 invites-
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

· Registered
1,713 Posts
One year we did a toe-pincher shaped invite with a glow in the dark skeleton favor hot glued inside. The next year it was a Young Frankenstein theme and our invite was designed/phrased like an appointment at a doctor's office.
Last year we had a Sweeney todd theme, so we went with the Martha Stewart severed finger invites. We bought them after the holiday, but there wasn't enough, so we supplemented them with rubber fingers frmo the Spirit store (bought with a coupon, of course) and some black favor boxes from a local party supply store. They actually turned out better (read - more gruesome) than the M. Stewart ones...

· Registered
709 Posts
amfatallyours I loved it and it was really creepy nice job I even jumped a couple of times. Even better tho my husband is sitting at his computer and kept asking what I was listening to because it sounded creepy and he wanted me to turn it off :p Excellent job.

· Registered
571 Posts
I love the video invites. Especially because most of the people we invite are through email, not sending physical invitations. We also had a low turnout last year, I think a video would generate more interest.

· Registered
156 Posts
I got the video idea from Mooch and didn't even know I already had the software on my computer. I am using mine for a save the date and then will probably hand deliver the invitations as it gets closer. I think with everyone used to gettting evites now, it will help generate interest and get everyone excited and thinking of their costume. I hope you enjoy.

YouTube - halloween 2009 0001

21 - 30 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.