Halloween Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
249 Posts
This year I'm doing spell book invitations. Next year I'm thinking of doing a Voodoo Hoodoo theme and I'm going to use voodoo dolls as the invitation. In the past I've also done coffins, and tombstones for invites.

· Registered
249 Posts
I am intrigued, how did you do the coffins HallowSkeen? did you actually have little coffins?
Yes, I made little coffins out of poster board. I rolled the invitation up like a scroll and tied it with a ribbon. I put a skeleton and some spanish moss inside the coffin along with the invite. These were all hand delivered. I got the pattern from ravensblight.com. I used the toe pincher style. If I can find a picture I'll post it.

· Registered
249 Posts
wow how many of those did u make ? sounds very creepy!
I think I made 25 of them. That was a few years ago. I am making 35 spell books this year. I hand deliver the majority of my invitations so it really helps on cost. The few that I do have to mail usually get a modified version. With the coffin invite - instead of a 3-D coffin I made a flat folded invite on black cardstock in the shape of a coffin with the details inside.

I found a couple of pictures of my tombstone invites:

I did the same thing with the tombstone invites that I had to mail. I just cut out a tombstone shape from cardstock, but everything else was the same. A lot more cost effective!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.