Halloween Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my husband and I have been doing and annual Halloween Party this will be our 6th year. This past year I really went all out on the decorating, but this year I would like to have some entertaining game/ trivia or something. BUT we have such mixed company, not all would like to join, So I have been thinking of doing trivia/scavenger hunt sort of... I know it doesn't make sense... probably because I am looking for some ideas to put into play with what's in my head.... I would like to do random scenes throughout the house, and yard for horror movies or even true crime also, and have sheets of paper that people are welcome to if they want to participate. Maybe have numbers for all the scenes marked, and blank number spots on the paper for their guesses.. then possibly a 2nd part to the evening on the same sheet with a dozen or so things to locate in and out of our home, and finally have a dozen or so trivia questions... at the end of the night when we have best costume prizes, tally the sheets, and viola... what I am looking for here, are your opinions, and also ideas for movies with medium clues/scenes... also any ideas are greatly appreciated on anything that's been done, and enjoyed. For yrs my mother had an amazing, and just mind blowing Christmas display, it was on the news all over the country, and she loved it... I was always part of it, but since she closed it down after my fathers passing Ive put my energy into Halloween... I don't want to spend 3 months decorating like we did for Christmas, but I do have the drive to accomplish if you all have the ideas... thanx in advance

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
One year we did Hollywood for our theme and had scenes from movies on our trail and in the house...trying to remember..

OOO one thing we did and got 1/2 the prop in February - My Bloody Valentine , Chocolate heart shaped candy box with a cows heart in it

Some of these I am trying to work in props we already have

Mannequin head in a box addressed to Detective David Mills - Se7en
found a birds nest had a number 1 candle with wings attached hanging over nest - One flew over the cuckoo's nest
Empty bottle of Chianti and a Hanable Lector mask - Silence of the Lambs
Food tray with a plate that had lettuce tomato and RAT sandwich under a plate cover - What ever happened to Baby Jane?
Had Bathroom set up as - Psycho
Next to the Bottomless pit - Eat Me - Drink Me props - Alice in Wonderland
Large stuffed Lion with a crown on his head - Lion King
Electric Chair with A fake Mouse - Green Mile
Made a 'Handbook for the Recently Deceased' - Betelgeuse
Had a mannequin dressed up like Tippi Hedren with fake crows attacking - The Birds

We had more, but that is what I can think of off the top of my head and can give you some ideas to build on

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
One year we did Hollywood for our theme and had scenes from movies on our trail and in the house...trying to remember..

OOO one thing we did and got 1/2 the prop in February - My Bloody Valentine , Chocolate heart shaped candy box with a cows heart in it

Some of these I am trying to work in props we already have

Mannequin head in a box addressed to Detective David Mills - Se7en
found a birds nest had a number 1 candle with wings attached hanging over nest - One flew over the cuckoo's nest
Empty bottle of Chianti and a Hanable Lector mask - Silence of the Lambs
Food tray with a plate that had lettuce tomato and RAT sandwich under a plate cover - What ever happened to Baby Jane?
Had Bathroom set up as - Psycho
Next to the Bottomless pit - Eat Me - Drink Me props - Alice in Wonderland
Large stuffed Lion with a crown on his head - Lion King
Electric Chair with A fake Mouse - Green Mile
Made a 'Handbook for the Recently Deceased' - Betelgeuse
Had a mannequin dressed up like Tippi Hedren with fake crows attacking - The Birds

We had more, but that is what I can think of off the top of my head and can give you some ideas to build on

Thanx so much, Those are some really great ideas, and right along the line of things I'm looking for. I actually started thinking of this when walked by my trash can one day and I saw a "metal coat hanger in it" Mommy Dearest.... I will definitely put some of these into action

·
Registered
183 Posts
For 2012 we did something new, we did a home version of the game show "Total Black Out". I took one room and completely covered the windows so it would be pitch black inside and we placed 5 bins with objects in them. Because it was a kids party I didn't go completely full on scary. 1 had a tire brush so it was prickly and would startle them when the first put their hand in 2 had peeled grapes 3 had a huge rubber snake (oiled down a bit) 4 had noodles and 5 had a wow wee brand animals alive chimp head set to angry mode. Then I placed a cheap inferred security camera hooked to my pc (pc was in the other room) and I videoed the whole thing while my wife stayed in the room to listen and ring a bell if they guessed correctly. The whole thing worked quite well for first attempt. I had a few adults go thru and I have to say the kids were braver than the adults. If I had it to do over I think I would have added some ambient sounds and maybe a second stage. The second big game we had a monster scavenger hunt with monsters, we bought the large jointed cut out monsters and disassembled them then placed them all thru out the yard, all the kids were divided into teams and the first team to find their entire monster and reassemble it in the driveway was the winning team.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts