Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Vlad the Impaler
1,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since I didn't have my usual Halloween party this year I'm seriously thinking about doing it in December and have a Nightmare Before Christmas type of party. I thought it would be difrent and I have always wanted to do it so why not extend the holiday even more? Than I can buy some killer decorations when they go on sale and use em' for the party. What do you guys think?

·
Registered
41 Posts
that's great! it'll be a nice coup against christmas, since it's invading on halloween's territory more and more each year. Half the stores I went to last night had moved halloween stuff to a small corner, and everything was christmas. Even the Spirit store had trees and wreaths instead of costumes.

Ok, so that last bit I made up. But the rest is true. I hate seeing so much christmas stuff this early. Next week we'll see Valentines Day decorations probably.

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
"It's the most Wonderful Time of the Year!"

Well, think about the lyrics of this perennial Christmas favorite...

There'll be parties for hosting
Marshmallows for toasting
And caroling out in the snow
There'll be scary ghost stories
And tales of the glories of
Christmases long, long ago...

And there is a tradition of ghosts and scary happenings being associated with the winter. The (second) most well known Christmas story is fraught with ghosts, prophecy and spirits of the undead - A Christmas Carol!

That being said, I wonder how your guests would take to such a theme. I know we completely change gears between Halloween and Christmas, and I'm happy to put away Halloween for a while. I guess it depends on the disposition of the guests...

Whatever you decide, best of luck!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Ooooh I've been thinking of doing just that this Xmas! Although if I'm hoping to have any sort of impressive display I should have started months ago...two months isn't really long enough to build props...

·
Registered
218 Posts
I would love to go a party like that. I think a lot of our friends would balk at the idea but I think it would be awesome. The video posted here is so cool!! I think I could celebrate Halloween every month of the year and I am sad that it is over. Good luck with your party!! Please post pics of your decor-would love to see 'em!

·
Registered
84 Posts
I think its a great idea!

My kids would love for me to do this as well. I am thinking of doing something like this next year for my daughters sweet 16 because she was born the week of Christmas.

if you think about it A Christmas Carol (original movie) was pretty freaky with all the ghosts. :D

·
Vlad the Impaler
1,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
My friends seem to like the idea too. So it's probaly going to be on with the party. I just need to get some ideas together of what to do. I liked the video!

·
Registered
62 Posts
Sounds like an awesome plan... especially cashing in on the sales!

- Halloween wreaths would be an awesome start, there was a thread a while back with some amazing ideas. Combineing red ribbon with skulls faces / orange and black bows would look quite effective.
- Gingerbread sliegh deorated with red eyed angry reindeer, gingerbread house with Santa CLAWZ again with red eyes (more like the one from Futurama).
- Stockings with coal, and definately a fire burning.
- Orange and black tinsel.
- Witches kitchen with christmas themed contents... mmm, get back to me on that one, no ideas forth coming as yet

Thats all ive got for now.
I'm so excited for you, keep us updated!! xx

·
Registered
142 Posts
spooky christmas decor

if you think about it A Christmas Carol (original movie) was pretty freaky with all the ghosts. :D
--I'm thinking about incorporating some ghosts into my christmas decorations. Possibly the ghost of christmas past. Or a ghost as a christmas caroler.

·
Registered
487 Posts
i think that would be really cool if you did it nightmare before christmas themed. I love mshelene holiday themed video that i love the decorations!!

·
Registered
142 Posts
Spray painting a tree doesn't sound like a good idea to me. (isn't there fumes/off-gases). I'm going to do a halloween christmas tree but I don't know if a black tree would be good for me since some of my ornaments are orange and black. So I'm going to see if I can find my 3' green tree. I figure if I don't like it I could always put some spider webbing on it like on this page.

·
Registered
574 Posts
There is floral spray paint which is safe enough to spray on live flowers and not kill them. So, we would probably use that on a fake tree and string LED lights on it. They don't give off very much heat, not like traditional lights. I think if we don't do this for our main tree, we will make a little one to put on the dining room table or something.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts