1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Let's take a vote.

Which is more fun?

Halloween or Christmas?

Christmas is great but, at Halloween, I get to scare teenagers.

Bah hah hah hah hahhhhhh !!!!!!!!

·
AKA - S.M. Barrett
1,084 Posts
Well, c'mon, consider the crowd you're asking.

That said, Christmas is a time of warmth and kindness in the coldest, cruelest season. It's got a lot of feel-good tradition, a smidgen of magic, a dollop of hope and really fattening food. It's great.

Halloween is dress-up and theater, running from night terrors and collecting candy for acts of courage. In the adrenaline department, Halloween wins hands down, so when it comes to actual fun, October the Thirty-First is the clear victor.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I feel that they go together in a way. You cant have christmas without halloween. Like the movie title that says it all. Its the nightmare before christmas. You need the whole death of the season celebration to lead into " the light in the darkness" of christmas.

·
Girl Gone Mad
1,651 Posts
I've always loved Halloween more, simply because it my interest, always been interested in the darker aspects of life....now more than ever it is definitely Halloween because Christmas with the family isn't so fun anymore....if there is any at all....the past few years it's just show up when you can and I will make you SOMETHING to eat. Halloween however I can enjoy alone if I really wanted to. Of course I don't want to but what can you do when there is no one near to celebrate it with?

·
livin Halloween every day
1,989 Posts
Love them both immensely. but there is nothing like HALLOWEEN!!!!

·
Registered
293 Posts
I'm a big fan of rooting for the underdog. i feel that christmas (while I absolutely love the christmas season and i go all out) has enough fans. halloween needs a little more attention from the general public. i vote halloween!

·
Ravenous Zombie
1,196 Posts
Halloween definitely. With Christmas I find that I end up having to buy gifts for a lot of people and it can get to be a hassle. On Halloween, you get to do up your house, dress up as anything you want to be, give candy to people you wouldn't normally see all the time, thus meeting new people.

·
Reaper
3,611 Posts
This is the Halloween forum... Lol, hands down Halloween will win!

·
Mill Creek Haunted Hollow
6,359 Posts
H A L L O W E E N ! !

Followed by:

Thanksgiving
Christmas
St. Patrick's Day
Easter
Fourth of July
Memorial Day
Labor Day

·
Seer of All
2,939 Posts
Halloween wins on the fact that there is no pressure to be cheerful, and jolly, and to spread joy whether you feel like it or not. If I'm feeling just a bit evil, well hey, that just adds to the Halloween spirit!

·
Registered
108 Posts
I love Halloween the best.

Christmas is good when I have young children to buy gifts for and watch them open them up. Now if my friend with the triples just lived in Texas instead of Virginia. I still have fun buying them Presents, but I do not get to see them open them.

I do buy them Halloween outfits. Cool teas and sweatshirts, which their mom always takes pictures of them wearing and sends them to me. As they get older, I will probably buy scarier outfits for them.

·
Registered
175 Posts
What a horribly tough question!

Ask me any time before Oct.31st, I'd say Halloween, ask me in the middle of Novemeber, I'd say Christmas. Both for me have equal amounts of happy and fun memories.

It has to be a TIE in the 'fun' department for me.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts