Halloween Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Iam making a haunted garage this year. Iam making most of the props myself. I have probably spent the last 3 months making this all come together, then all in one day its over. that stinks. I think halloween should last at least a week or so. My wife tells me , why are you spending all your time for one night?The only answer i can give her is the expression on the kids faces when they come thru the garage. We had a little one last year, it amazed me how much the kids loved it. This year is going to be a lot bigger and better, they will love it.

·
Registered
352 Posts
charliedoger - it IS worth it for one night....but you could always extend it....keep it open for passers-by for friday through sunday.....I'd bet you would still get curious people stopping by. Keep some candy and cider on hand.

·
Registered
668 Posts
i like having my garage decorated for 1 day. i get people who come back every year just to see what i've done, i love that!

·
Registered
725 Posts
We are doing a garage through the backyard walk this year. My wife is having her MOMS club group through on thursday. And we are leaving an open invitation to friends, neighbors, and family to come out on Friday for the test run.

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
I used to have that logic until I came to the conclusion that this is a hobby in itself that I ENJOY creating this stuff ALL YEAR that everyone else congregates to enjoy for 1 night....It's very satisfying for me from finishing a prop to seeing the whole thing come together and yes, finally the enjoyment on peoples faces that makes it all worth while....ZR

·
Registered
158 Posts
I have had many people ask my it's alot for one day and I say yes but so much fun
I to do it for the kids I always get compliments from the perents "it's nice to see people still putting an effort in the kids love it"
every year since I moved here after the first year any way I get 150 plus kids the most of any one around people that moved away come back across town to see what I have done I love and will never stop untill I cant lift the stuff out into the yard keck even then I will hire some one to lift it for me I can tell them where to put it all
I LOVE THIS TIME OF YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts