Halloween Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings My Fellow Haunters,

I realize everyone is busy, busy as we get closer to our beloved Halloween, and since ya can never start to early to plan, thats what we are doing, helping everyone get ready for Halloween 2010!

I know...I know most of you are rolling your eyes saying>>>PLEAZ....just let me get thru this year first! and thats ok but these things do take time to get set up so we are just getting an early start!

I have another great tidbit of news for everyone....EVIL BOB, the member with the extraordinary hearse....has volunteered to take on the class building of a hearse for us. We been talking the last few days & he will be posting the materials list as soon as he has time which most likely will not be till after the holidays.

I posted the project start date where our group lists projects & instead of making a new entry I just added the notes in project 5, where the hearse class was originally posted.

I have more good news....he is going to list this project 2 ways, a cheaper way to make this hearse & a more expensive way to make it. That will help a lot of us. This class will start in April of next year.

That gives us 2 large projects with the mausoleum class starting in Feb., thanks to TK421 & the hearse in April. I will also get some instructors lined up to make some smaller projects as I am going to start working on that next week.

NEW MEMBERS to the FORUM: We are the online building group found in the social groups. We build a project from start to finish along with an online instructor who walks us through every step not only explaining the building aspects of the project but this is specifically for people who want to build props but have no idea about tools & such. There are 2 threads to each project, one is for the instructor only where his detailed instructions & photo's are, and the other is for the students for their questions & progress photo's.

Our group is at the top of the page in the Tutorial section of the Forum, thats where projects are posted. If you want to join our group you can do that in the social section but most of our discussions are found in the tutorial section. Please if you have any questions about the group or joining contact me.

This group was formed to help a lot of us take on projects we would normally not know how to build & also to start getting things done through the year so we are not crazy a month before Halloween.

Below are photo's of the projects we are making done by TK421 & Evil Bob

·
Registered
14,085 Posts
I think you guys are great for doing this. What a terrific resource and wonderful format too. Thanks to all who participate and educate the rest of us.

·
Registered
2,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Greetings Haunters,

Well its time to start thinking about building now that you have made notes of where you are taking your haunt for the 2010 season. There is a materials list posted in the halloween prop building group area & the Mausoleum class commences in Feb.. I will start sending reminder notes out.

I have graciously been approached by "!hauntu" now listen he has an upside down exclamation point in front of his name but I don't have that on my keyboard so when you go looking for him please keep that in mind. If you need to find him go to my page where I get messages & he has a posting there.

Ok ...now he has offered to help us with a smaller project so 1st you all need to go & check out his albums on his profile page........some really wonderful stuff there that this guy makes. He is willing to teach a class by photo's as he has time now. So we need to discuss what you all would want to make. He needs to let us know if he has any suggestions of something that would be easy to start with. SO people post your comments & lets get the classes started!!

Also for all the instructors that offered classes to make things based on their brilliance (big smile!) I will be calling on you soon! Yes I still have that list!!

The Merry Muffster

oh,oh,oh, And Happy New Year!! My advice to everyone>>>>GO OUT & BUY LOTS OF STYROFOAM & PLYWOOD!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts