Halloween Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sad Times... Most all Prop construction has been halted by... The Government Shut down... Our Haunt location a Core of Engineers campground is closed... Today was to be our 1st day in & set up was to begin for Halloween Events the next 2 Saturdays... if the folks don't return to work by the 15th the area will close for the season... We still have plans for a 3rd event at a smaller State Park so it won't be a total loss... at this event we will not be setting up with our group of friends... Sad times, we work on the event all year long 185 camp sites x 2 weekends about 1500 people each time... I don't think it has quite hit me yet... Still hoping this ends soon...

·
Registered
109 Posts
Keeping my fingers crossed. The government shutdown has affected my preparations as well...namely for lack of a paycheck :(

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
That totally sucks! Keeping my fingers crossed for our friends sout of the border. The weather may be cold in Canada, but not the people! :)

·
Registered
123 Posts
Sorry to hear that. When are we as America going to say enough is enough, If that was me or you in our job and we were not doing what we were supposed to be doing as far as job performance we would have been gone a long time ago. But yet they manage to still draw a paycheck while our military family cant pay the bills. Makes me sick to my stomach, Is it not time to vote for none of the above, bad part is all those Bastards will still be drawing retirement long after they are gone, and both my kids and yours will be paying for this SCREW up long after I'm gone

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sad but True ... waiting is killing me Our group members are dropping out ahead of the deadline of the 15th... IF we go now I will have a Slimmed down set up, I am hanging in for the remaining part of the group & the Host of the campground, Sad Times...
Sorry to hear that. When are we as America going to say enough is enough, If that was me or you in our job and we were not doing what we were supposed to be doing as far as job performance we would have been gone a long time ago. But yet they manage to still draw a paycheck while our military family cant pay the bills. Makes me sick to my stomach, Is it not time to vote for none of the above, bad part is all those Bastards will still be drawing retirement long after they are gone, and both my kids and yours will be paying for this SCREW up long after I'm gone

1 - 6 of 6 Posts