Halloween Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How cool, but this could be good and bad once again with all the party competition. We had our Tot's on a Thurs. 6-8 instead of Friday this year and it was huge. We have committed to a much longer backyard trail with extended hours, man I'm already excited about it. Whats your take on a Sat. night Halloween....good #'s or too much competiton and avg. #'s ?

·
Registered
180 Posts
Since my husband and I will most likely be on the road again this upcoming year, I love it. There's not much I can do as far as a Halloween display at a hotel and definitely no TOT's, but Halloween on a Saturday means that there's going to be a lot of fun things or adults to do.
I know it poses a problem for homeowners who love to throw parties, but we're loving these weekend Halloweens!

·
Registered
12,918 Posts
We thought Friday would be great lots of TOT's but it seems like generally the numbers were down. I think alot of parents had kid parties instead of having the kids go TOT. So I am expecting the numbers to be about the same as this year.

·
Registered
93 Posts
For once, we plan on having our display up and alive for a couple nights next year. Usually, it just lives for one night a year, but it just makes sense to have it running Friday and Saturday next time around.

·
Caretaker of Eerie Manor
6,558 Posts
For once, we plan on having our display up and alive for a couple nights next year. Usually, it just lives for one night a year, but it just makes sense to have it running Friday and Saturday next time around.
My thoughts exactly. I'd really enjoy being able to have the display up and running full tilt Friday night, using that time to tweak things and iron out any wrinkles, then relax a bit on Saturday before TOT hours. It also reasonable to offer "extended haunt hours" on Saturday if you want. This year was great and our numbers were at an all time high but still we were competing with Friday night football which undoubtedly took some families away. I'm loving that it falls on a Saturday next year!

·
Typical Ghoul Next Door
7,076 Posts
We had less than half the amount as last year, so for us, we're planning on less TOTs for a Saturday Halloween. :(

·
The Hobo Spider Assassin
6,111 Posts
I'm stoked....Friday night a little gathering (party) with trial runs on the haunted graveyard and full run on Saturday night! Can I get a "WooHoo!"?

·
Registered
312 Posts
I think it will work out well with Halloween being on a saturday next year. One reason is that the workday 'rush' won't be there, nor will the rush to get their homework done and eat dinner before they head out. It could also allow us to have halloween parties on halloween-eve instead of the week before. Just my thoughts.

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
Is the organization that wanted Halloween to ALWAYS be celebrated the last Saturday of October still around? It was made up of businesses who felt a Saturday celebration would be better financially (but draped it in other reasoning). I believe they actually lobbied Congress to have it changed.

·
Registered
803 Posts
I think it could be tough if we wanted to have a party that same night, getting ready for both. We'll probably just go out after the tot's, though.

Can't wait!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts