Halloween Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I threw my first Halloween party last year and am hooked. I am officially the crazy Halloween lady of my neighborhood. I'm on a budget and there's almost nothing from the dollar store that I don't have. Give me some advice, tell me where to start. I have kids 9-12 so nothing too graphic.

·
Here to burgle your turts
2,305 Posts
Hey Kim! Welcome to the forums.

I'm glad they went ahead and made it official! ;)

So you're looking for decorations for inside for a party? I'm more of a yard haunt guy myself. One thing we often do is hold onto old costumes and masks and see how they can be repurposed into decorations. Black construction paper cut into silhouettes can be cheap and effective. White sheets if you have them are great for making ghosts, or covering furniture to make things seem abandoned.

I think it's too broad a question - too many possibilities and I freeze up. I'd try to figure out what kind of Halloween stuff the kids are into (classic monsters, witches, ghostbusters, Disney, Potter, Scooby Doo, zombies) and see if you can come up with some kind of loose theme. Once you've got a bit of a limitation in place I bet the ideas will come a lot faster. And your theme may change radically once you get going, but it'll provide some direction.

For some reason there never seems to be a ton of discussion in these welcome threads. If you don't get much feedback here, just start a new thread in the Party Ideas forum here...

http://www.halloweenforum.com/party-ideas-experiences-and-recipes/

it's a great community with a lot of helpful people. But I don't think there's a lot of traffic in this section.

Welcome again. Hope we can be of service!

·
Registered
387 Posts
Hello and welcome!!! Glad you got the Halloween bug!!! You'll find all kinds of things for all ages and stages of Halloween in this place!!! That's one good thing about Halloween unlike other holidays . . . you can make stuff for next to nothing and yet it'll look fantastic!!! :D

GiggleingGhost

1 - 9 of 9 Posts