Halloween Forum banner

41 - 44 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
411 Posts
I've never worked a professional haunted house, corn maze, yard haunt, etc. I am way to particular and a bit of a perfectionist. To have some dude tell me not to worry about the detailing because it will be dark anyways just wouldn't set right with me.

I think that's why I don't go to these places now. I would be way to critical of their efforts no matter how good they are. I'm seriously snobby when it comes to these kind of things.
Marc V.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Great thread! I've never worked a haunt, played any games of divination, used a ouiji board or camped out. But I still think I've lived a pretty full life up til now on the big day. It's even better having kids of my own now.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Grew up on a busy road - no neighbors. The only ToTing I did was being driven around to family all over the state......Gets really old after a while. Not sure why my folks didn't just drive us to a nice neighborhood near by. Anyway, that lead to "Hey Mom and Dad can we just put up some decorations outside and let people stop here and we will hand out candy instead of going in the car." That was 1977 and would transform into having a thousand people come to it 25 years later. Really became something but I never went ToTing in the traditional sense.

I also don't recall carving a pumpkin until I helped my kids do one last year. The first time they did because the decorating is at our house now and other family members always carve pumpkins for us.

Never been to a commercial haunting as we are always in full Halloween mode starting the last weekend of September.

Never had or went to a Halloween party but get invited every year - always too busy and never get everything up you want to.

I guess for me the decorating we do which lasts all month and I have been doing that first at my folks but now at my own house with my kids helping for over 35 years seems to make up for other never dids. Also we are now in a neighborhood so I have gone with my kids around the neighborhood.

Great Thread

·
Registered
150 Posts
I'm desperately trying to remember several things I've never done.

- I've never bobbed for apples.
- I've never been to a haunted house.
- I've never attended a Halloween party or have thrown my own. (This is mostly due to social anxiety.)
- I've never truly pranked someone. Many years ago I'd try to scare my own twin sister on Halloween, but it was as easy as hiding and jumping and making some weird "AAAH!" noise.

I've dressed up as a witch many a times in my years- the last being in 2008.

41 - 44 of 44 Posts