Halloween Forum banner

21 - 40 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
I've never camped out on Halloween. But I would love to, one day...I mean, just think of how much darker the woods would be...how many more creepy sounds you'd hear...every tale around the campfire would set you on edge. I want to see if I can feel the spirits and the thin veil between the living and the dead.
This has never even been an option as far as I'm concerned...considering most Halloweens we are crossing our fingers to not get snow....I'll stay away from camping at that point in the season lol

·
The Big Kahuna of Fright
4,328 Posts
Never snuck into a Graveyard to tip over tombstones...
never egged a house, but we HAVE cut peoples' trees down...
never committed arson, and that was big on Halloween when I was a kid...
never tossed firecrackers at cop cars, but my buddies did...
Never broke into an abandoned "Haunted House." We tried to, but couldn't get in...
And I haven't freaked kids out in an over-sized Stalk-around costume. But that's on my to do list...

But, still, no regrets...

·
His name is Roger Clyne
9,404 Posts
The closest I've gotten to a professional haunt was the Haunted Mansion in 1985 on Spring Break in Daytona beach as a high school senior counts. I'm afraid I'll spend all my time trying to figure out how stuff was done or made.

I've never dressed as a witch for Halloween! Some would say it is a silly "never did" but for something that most girls dress as at SOME point, I've always thought it kind of funny that I never went as a witch!
Now that I think about it, I never did either!! I went as a princess in kindergarten but never a witch. I'm sure that was the last time I went as something "girly" too.

·
They call me HeebieJeebie
1,987 Posts
I've never attended or thrown a Halloween party.
Never TP'd or egged a house.
Never did arson (and I live near Detroit!!)
Never camped out at Halloween (but it sounds fun!!)
Never played with an Ouija board.
Never been on a haunted hayride.

Looking back...I never really did anything fun / exciting / illegal ever!

But I did dress up as a witch - several times!!

·
Registered
20,825 Posts
Never did arson (and I live near Detroit!!)
Never been on a haunted hayride.
Poor Detroit (I tend to rip on the city most times, too):rolleyes:
I talked my aunt, who is in her seventies, into going on one the other year, so realize that it is never too late to start;)

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
I never bobbed for apples, but then I would leave that to my brother, since his name is "Bob".
Never been to a professional haunted house.. when it was open. I was taken inside for a look by the designer of it, and carnival trailer haunts don't "count", now do they?
I did once throw a water-balloon at a kid's head (I fooled him into looking the other way) the balloon went through the air wobbling and wobbled right around his head without touching him or breaking.
I once Booby-trapped a grocery store produce cooler with duct tape, string and a water balloon. It was my quitting the job going away "present" for the produce man when he came in several hours later.. and I was told it worked very well, with the guesstimate on the trigger string to allow him time to step inside the cooler before the balloon swung from the other side of the cooler to smash open across his knees!
I did win numerous costume contests getting that special ONE DOLLAR BILL from the Chamber of cheapness, er Commerce!
I also won $300 first place in a costume contest because they actually judged the contest just like they promised in the newspaper for "Creativity" and "Scariness", foregoing the usual criteria of being a foxy-Babe in a Playboy Bunnie Costume, with her Real "Costume" coming her way via Mom and Dad's DNA "train". (But then I am a hypocrite .. because I would have given her my "Vote" in a second! (Then I would have been "Done"!)

·
Registered
86 Posts
Let me see here...

- I've never pranked anyone.
- I've never camped out on (or even near) Halloween (but I'd LOVE too!)
- Never had my own haunt. :(
- Never worked in someone else's haunt, but it's on my bucket list! (Other kids back in high school got too but I never had a ride back then and now I have my own car but no one's been looking for any help with theirs the last few years unless it was for like an elementary school where I'd have to try and hold back on the scares and I don't think I could do that! XD)
- Never been to a Halloween party where drinking was involved (then again I don't even know of any around here because I'm not a drinker. lol)
- I don't think I've ever bobbed for apples myself (but my sister has.) And if I have it was so long ago that I don't remember the experience.

But I probably have done something many people don't (or can't do due to laws in their states): I like to set off fireworks on Halloween night! :D

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
Reading over some of these comments made me realize I've had a pretty full life, at least Halloween-wise!
Moony1, I actually did dress as a witch one year, and I'm a guy! Third or fourth grade, I wore my older sister's hand-me-down witch costume. My mother convinced me that no one would know me, and, naive little simpleton that I was, I believed it. Early on in our ToTing a neighbor ( the husband) derided me for wearing a girl's costume, and I resented the costume the rest of the evening.

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
I dressed up as a "Witch", a three-legged one. One of my own legs hidden so it could hold me up as I seemed to be lifting two legs up at the same time. I had bright striped long stockings on one real leg and the phoney leg.

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
I attended a campfire Halloween (adult) party once. I'll never forget it!
My classmate and friend all through school invited me to his backyard, bonfire, food, all people we all knew (small town here) "Sure! Sounds like fun!"
Arriving with my plastic WW2 German helmet on, a suit coat modified to resemble a German officer's tunic and other small detailed items.
My under pants were a pair of severely shredded things that had once had Swaztikas allover them, there was also "Blood".
I get there alone,my Wife stayed home to watch the kids. I wander out back to the fire, there are at least 18 adults there in various costumes. After facing the warm for some immeadiate warmth, I then step back raise my arm in that infamous salute and say:Sieg Heil! Has anybody Seig mein nuts?"
(I was supposed to a castraition victim) I then notice a strange small man looking right up and into my face from a very close distance. He has glasses on, a beret and other old, odd clothes, they just keep staring into my face from a few inches away? Then they hold up a pair of pliers and say,"I've been looking for YOU!"... I fianally recognized the "Man" as my...... Wife! Who was supposed to be at home! She was the little Jewish castrater!
Then I began to notice something else and then was informed this was an "Adult" Halloween Party, an "Adult Church-Group Halloween Party!
It was now time to leave!
Whose watching those pesky kids of ours?
Kind of embarrasing, but then.... I had been "Invited"!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Let me see here...

- I've never pranked anyone.
- I've never camped out on (or even near) Halloween (but I'd LOVE too!)
- Never had my own haunt. :(
- Never worked in someone else's haunt, but it's on my bucket list! (Other kids back in high school got too but I never had a ride back then and now I have my own car but no one's been looking for any help with theirs the last few years unless it was for like an elementary school where I'd have to try and hold back on the scares and I don't think I could do that! XD)
- Never been to a Halloween party where drinking was involved (then again I don't even know of any around here because I'm not a drinker. lol)
- I don't think I've ever bobbed for apples myself (but my sister has.) And if I have it was so long ago that I don't remember the experience.

But I probably have done something many people don't (or can't do due to laws in their states): I like to set off fireworks on Halloween night! :D
oh yeah, i also havent held my own haunt

·
His name is Roger Clyne
9,404 Posts
I once Booby-trapped a grocery store produce cooler with duct tape, string and a water balloon. It was my quitting the job going away "present" for the produce man when he came in several hours later.. and I was told it worked very well, with the guesstimate on the trigger string to allow him time to step inside the cooler before the balloon swung from the other side of the cooler to smash open across his knees!
This cracked me up!! I would've paid to have been there in person to have seen it!:D Nowadays there would be surveillance camera footage to share.

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
They prob. would not have a camera inside the produce cooler, though? Would they? I have a camera in my wine cellar and sometimes there is just a big drop of condensation blurring the lense, and that is all there is to see! (Unless a ghost is covering it with his semi-transparent hand?)
I do happen to have 1,000's of hours of video made here of people screaming. My Wife began transferring them to disc. a long job...I used to think I could have my own network featuring just this screaming, laughing, conversations. Much of it would pretty much look and sound the same , but then there would be some odd things said, happen every once and awhile... it would HAVE to be more entertaining than the "live" camera buried with a corpse in his coffin...anybody remember THAT?
"Yup, he's dead... still dead, looks plenty dead today again.....wait! what was that? Did he slightly twitch? Naw! It was the TV signal rolled slightly, right?
"There he did it again! didn't he?"

·
Registered
326 Posts
I was *so* shocked when I found out my boyfriend (now forever boyfriend/husband) had never trick or treated! Then I remembered that, as a kid, my mom would take me around to family friends' houses, and I would give them candy, haha! (I did do the traditional trick or treating as I got older.) The hubs now shares my love for cosplaying and Halloween fun.

I've never bobbed for donuts.
I never went to a Trunk or Treat as a kid (though I've participated as an adult.)
I've never hosted a Halloween party (but I will this year!)
I've never put up "yard" decorations, because we've almost always lived in apartments. Just porch decorations.

21 - 40 of 44 Posts