Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a friend who just loves Halloween, but has never carved a Jack-O-Lantern. I thought that was very unusual. But then I thought that I REEEEALLY love Halloween, but have never thrown or attended a Halloween party.

So... do you have something related to Halloween that you've surprisingly never-done? Anybody out there never gone trick-or-treating? Put on a costume? Eaten classic Halloween candies? Visited a commercial/amusement park haunted house?

Do you have a Halloween "Never-did?"

·
AKA - S.M. Barrett
1,084 Posts
Never attended a séance, which is sometimes a Halloween thing.

I have never been a prankster, but if I did it would be toilet paper or soaped windows, nothing damaging.

I never went trick-or-treating in a classic sheet ghost outfit, kinda regret that one.

I never played the Dead Witch game, where you and a bunch of kids sit in the dark and they pass around food telling you it is body parts, like spaghetti, grapes, a cold steak, etc.

However, I did some things lots of people may never do, like trick-or-treat at the mall, get candy x-rayed by the cops, smear burnt cork on my face to look dirty, bob for apples and collect money for UNICEF one year.

·
Registered
20,825 Posts
Never attended a séance, which is sometimes a Halloween thing.
Nor have I, though I would love to, especially Halloween night at the Houdini Museum.

I never bobbed for apples. Never saw the point. If you catch one, it is still just an apple.
You have a great point Col Fryght!
It used to have significance years ago, when superstition ran rampant. Basically, whoever was the first to bite into an apple was supposedly the next to become married. In the eyes of many, it could be thought of as a game where even the winner loses...:D

·
Human Candy Shovel
1,107 Posts
People bob for apples for the challenge. Not only have I bobbed or apples, I've bobbed for apples while wearing vampire fangs. Successfully! That makes it like two orders of magnitude more difficult. :D

·
Wisp in the Mist
1,953 Posts
The only "never did" that I can think of, is I never went out ToTing as a younger kid with just friends, no parents. I was able to the very last year that I ToT'd, but it wasn't the same, because my two friends were more interested in causing mischief than they really were ToTing.

I personally never pranked anyone on Halloween, but I was with them, when they did.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Honestly, I think I have done it all. I had a party once as a kid, bobbed for apple's, went to Scarowinds, dressed up, trick or treat......I've never been to an adult Halloween party....but I had never been to any adult ( or high school) party. I wasn't cool enough, lol. And I didn't drink back then.

·
His name is Roger Clyne
9,401 Posts
I've never hosted a Halloween party & can count on one hand the times I went ToTing as a kid. Never pranked anyone either.

Yet, oddly enough, I have bobbed for apples. Some time in elementary school there was a party given by someone, I really don't recall who, maybe a community organization like the Lion's Club, at a neighbor's barn & they had all sorts of games & bobbing for apples was one of them. I remember thinking that it was stupid & a good way to ruin a costume.

·
Soccer and Lacrosse Dad
1,766 Posts
I have never used a Ouija board.
Otherwise I have done pretty much all of the things mentioned so far, I have bobbed for apples, for the competitiveness of outdoing friends but I don't recall doing it with vampire fangs.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
I've never dressed as a witch for Halloween! Some would say it is a silly "never did" but for something that most girls dress as at SOME point, I've always thought it kind of funny that I never went as a witch!

·
It's a trick. Get an axe.
2,323 Posts
I've never camped out on Halloween. But I would love to, one day...I mean, just think of how much darker the woods would be...how many more creepy sounds you'd hear...every tale around the campfire would set you on edge. I want to see if I can feel the spirits and the thin veil between the living and the dead.

·
Mad Monster Maker
2,673 Posts
Hmmm...I have several 'never-dids'...

I never went to a professional haunted house.

I never hosted/attended a Halloween party (aside from at school).

I never pranked anyone on Halloween.

I never performed a ritual human sacrifice.:rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 44 Posts