Halloween Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Somewhat Eccentric
2,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm in the process of reviving an old laptop after I was hacked last week and plugged in an external hard drive for some tunes. I often add the Halloween Hits and Rest in Pieces compilations to my playlists but there's another series simply titled Halloween mp3s with 25 volumes consisting of twenty-five songs each that I play often as well. I'm guessing I probably downloaded these from a defunct blog at some point as an internet search has produced nothing. Music ranges from the 60s and up. Since the newest song on the first volume was "Not Ready to Die" by Avenged Sevenfold released around 2011, I assume that the compilations began in 2011 or 2012. The only identifying marks on the album art is simply "A Playlist by LeKirtap."

Including cover art from the first two volumes in hopes that someone will recognize them.

·
Somewhat Eccentric
2,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks talkingcatblues. I was hoping some of the music connoisseurs here had an idea of their origin as I'd just like to say thanks to the person who compiled the volumes. In the meantime I'll keep them on rotation. :D

·
Registered
341 Posts
I'm sorry you got hacked. Would you mind explaining what happened?
I also have a massive MP3 collection on a 2TB USB drive.
I have it backed up to another drive as well but I'd like to hear how you got hit to better protect myself.

I just checked my Halloween collections and don't have any from the pics you posted, sorry.

·
Somewhat Eccentric
2,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm sorry you got hacked. Would you mind explaining what happened?
My email was evidently hacked as I had received notifications of purchases, money requests and bank transfers using my PayPal account. Thankfully I had PayPal to lock my account after I realized that within an hour after changing my password that a request was made to change it again. The hacker attempted to purchase gaming accounts on eBay as well but fortunately the purchases weren't completed due to PayPal being locked.

I installed antivirus and antimalware software on all my devices and created two new email addresses-one for correspondance and newsletters and another strictly for purchases and utilities. I currently use one device strictly for paying bills and have updated/changed passwords on all as well. Thankfully I was able to update all my information with PayPal and eBay over the phone and all money was returned to my account.

While I regularly change passwords on all my accounts, I can't remember the last time I changed the email password. I constantly monitor the new email addresses as well as my PayPal account at least daily. I also unlinked my eBay and PayPal accounts which means I have to go through a few extra steps when I buy something but I don't want to make it to easy if it should happen again. Also contacted the credit reporting agencies and put a fraud alert on my account.

So now it's a matter of restoring everything and luckily I regularly back up to an external hard drive as well. I have two 1TB hard drives that basically mirror each other and a 4TB one that I keep hooked up to an old laptop which is projected to the TV through HMDI.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts