Halloween Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone do anything extra or interesting to earn money for Halloween? Just curious. I need some extra dough to do everything i want but I wonder how I should go about doing it. I already work enough I think, LOL

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
if I wanted to make extra $, I thnk I would sign up with care.com and do sitting services. I don't think I'd do well in retail anymore...even tho I love people and do really well with them, old age has worn away the filter between my snarky brain and my smart mouth.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Are there any things in particular that you enjoy doing? You can try to make money doing that?

I usually make jewelry/crafts. I hope that I'll get to do it this year! (Could sure use that money for the wedding/honeymoon.) If not, freelance tutoring work.

·
Registered
45 Posts
You could always donate plasma... If you have a center for that in your area. I do, it brings in some extra money every month and is pretty easy!

·
Registered
13,769 Posts
If you shop at Target and plan on buying anything there for halloween, watch the ads during the year and take advantage of product sales that have a $5 or $10 gift card with purchase. We just picked up some Tide, Bounty, Charmin and one other item as part of their 4 combo promo this week (we buy these brands and use anyway). Came with a $10 card. It helps defray my halloween purchases there. Of course it can be used on anything else but it's kind of my holiday savings plan. It adds up.

·
Registered
187 Posts
I'm going to apply at Spirit because I'm crazy, want the discount and could hopefully get first grabs the day after ;)

·
Registered
6 Posts
This year for Hallowmas Fundraising, since I'm in NYC, I'm actually considering grabbing my guitar or ukulele and going into the city for some classic street busking!

If you play an instrument, or have some sort of performable talent, check into what your street busking/street performance laws are in your city. In Orlando, where I spent the last 8 years of my life, it's illegal. :-( But it's waaay different in NYC! Best of luck!

·
Registered
148 Posts
I am going through every room in my house, if it hasn't been worn, used or looked at in over a year......its gone. Ebay and craigslist is it for me.

·
Creepy Homeschool Mom
778 Posts
Mine's simple. A few years ago I bought a piggy bank from Target that looks like a pumpkin, and any loose change I have at the end of the day goes in there. Granted, it grows very slowly when you usually use plastic. One way I was able to pad it was by putting the change I earned from tips, as a barista, in it. The last place I worked didn't condense tips, so half of my take home was always change. Even only working one short shift a week, I could usually count on $5 making it into my piggy. It adds up!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts