Halloween Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am slowly losing my mojo for Halloween. I have been in school for the past 2 yrs and it has really made it hard to do anything at Halloween. Not having a job to spend what I wish I could :eek: really sucks also.

I have brief flashes of sparks that come to me, but knowing I will be busy with school just brings me down.

Hopefully I will finish school this December and maybe that enthusiasm will return.

So if you would all think about me, and if you have to perform a seance or a sacrifice in my honor, it would be appreciated.:D

·
Registered
437 Posts
Don't worry too much on it, shroom. You're focusing on what's really important right now, even if it isn't as fun as Halloween. Plus, being unemployed would put a damper on anyone.

Halloween isn't going anywhere, it'll be waiting for you... right here... when you're ready.

·
Foolish Mortal
772 Posts
This is an epidemic on here. This is at lease the third recent thread concerning this so here is my pep talk from the other two:

I think the Halloween spirit wanes in all of us from time to time. And it upsets us because the spirit is what we are really addicted to in the first place. The feeling we get from some particular sight/sound/smell that reminds us of Halloween and of happy memories. But life isn't always happy and sometimes the harder you try to get in the Halloween spirit the farther away it feels. Maybe August is not the right month for you to get started on something. Maybe you need the first crisp evening of fall to really get you in the mood. Or some really awesome prop to get your haunting juices flowing. Whatever it is I believe it will work better if you relax and don't put so much pressure on yourself to get everything just right.

Whatever you do, do not measure you're Halloween spirit by the people on this forum. All of us are in different stages of our life with different things going on. The most hard core Halloween prop builder on here may one day have the problem you are having. And who knows he/she might be having it on a year when you have all of your school stuff together and have created a yard haunt so awesome that you are put on the 6 o'clock news.

I have a party on the Sat. bafore Halloween that has at least 100 pepole and a walkthrough that is about 2700 sq. ft. I have to decorate the inside of my house, the yard, the haunt itself w/all it's sights and sounds and I have to get together what we will be eating at the party and sometimes we will play a game until my actors are all ready.

I feel as though I live and breath Halloween. I don't always do it in the Halloween spirit. But in the last couple of weeks before my party it has always kicked in and I pretty much ooze Halloween spirit and it makes it all worth it. But sometimes knowing that so many other people are looking foreward to it puts alot of pressure on me not to disappoint them. I want to make it completely new every year and that is very hard. I tell myself they only see it one day a year and they don't know the things like I do. And it must be true cause they keep coming and they bring people who bring people and ...I love them for it.

But today I will work on something Halloween related props/decorations something.I have a fifteen minute rule. For at least five days a week I will make myself work on something for 15 min. If after that I can't keep going I will stop but more often than not I will get lost and keep going at least until some part of something is done. It adds up even if you just do that and anyone can do anything for 15 min. It is a little harder in the beginning of a project cause I am still working on a vision but when it starts to look good I will stay up all night just to see what it will look like finished.

Hopefully for everyone on here there will be other Halloweens and other chances to do and feel better. I think when my Halloween mojo is not kicking in I get afraid to let it slide to much because I am afraid that it will kick in but just at the last moment when it is too late to build or decorate anything. That's why I always do a little something.

·
Shadow Crosser
741 Posts
Alas, I lost my steam as well. My party got cancelled by my daughter as she informed me she is throwing me a b-day party. I don't have the heart to tell her that I was so looking forward to doing the party this year as I had to cancel last years due to non-participation and the year before that I wasn't in a position to do a party. So I'm going into withdrawals at this time. It physically hurts (well almost).

She found out that I have never had anyone throw me a birthday party so she decided it was time....You see? I can't mess with that! She's inviting the people that I was going to invite and it's on the weekend before Halloween (same weekend of my planned party) - around here it's hard to get people to come to a party on Halloween...much less come at all. (I need to move!)

I will work small projects and put out some stuff for the TOT'ers...if there are any...never have more than one or two and a lot of years...nobody. (My daughter gets creeped out by my stuff and she and the grandbaby live with me.)

Maybe this year I will dress up on Halloween and take flyers around the neighborhood and pass them out for next year. Take the offensive!

We all gotta keep our chins up and our imagination working and planning for the next Halloween!

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I really just needed to rant a little and get some support.

I will never give up on it........I love it to much

·
Reaper
3,611 Posts
Good pep talk creepyhomemaker!

It's tough to have enough hours in the day to get schoolwork done and other things that need done, and then still find time to do a beloved hobby. Hang in there!

·
Registered
3,633 Posts
I have a friend who is getting bummed because he thinks he doesn't have the time to get everything done. I keep reminding him that no one knows what he had planned in his mind so what does it matter what didn't get finished or what didn't turn out like he expected?????

1 - 8 of 8 Posts