Halloween Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

I produce a weekly music podcast called All Time Top Ten. Each week myself and a guest pick a topic and discuss and play our top ten songs based on that topic. This week, in celebration of Halloween, my guest Matt Dinan and I present our choices for the greatest Halloween mixtape ever, and we also include some songs to avoid, as they are a bit lame and/or overplayed. Take a listen!

Here is the link to the episode:
http://alltimetopten.podomatic.com/e...08_44_53-07_00

And the podcast homepage:
http://alltimetopten.podomatic.com/

Much appreciated,

Ben Eisen
All Time Top Ten

·
Registered
258 Posts
Who the hell are these clowns to advise others what to play and what not to play? Music is so subjective.
I'll tell you one thing, listening to these wankers during a 3 hour (****... THREE HOURS!!!!) podcast spewing their nonsense is the last thing anyone is going to listen to.

·
Registered
588 Posts
Who the hell are these clowns to advise others what to play and what not to play? Music is so subjective.
I'll tell you one thing, listening to these wankers during a 3 hour (****... THREE HOURS!!!!) podcast spewing their nonsense is the last thing anyone is going to listen to.
I thought you were just being mean ... but I tried listening ... made it a few minutes and had to stop. Their regular audience must have more patience than I do.

There are many great mixes out there. Jason @ Scar Stuff has two (Spook Party and Ghoul-Arama). George van Orsdel has had good ones since 2008. Dan Augustine's Halloween Hits have been good since 2004. SAP Music's made good ones since 2007. Vinnie Rattolle made some good ones, alabamudclay, there are plenty more. Decide for yourselves what you like. Make your own, and share it here. (Here is mine.)

·
Registered
167 Posts
I had to listen - for a little while - too. It...was...painful. I think it's a bit sad when people want to attack songs as "overplayed" or "lame." Guess what? I like the Monster Mash. I know it's been played a zillion times, but I still enjoy it. Why? Because it means something special to me; it takes me back to a different time and place. Of course, if all my friends were hipsters and I cared about impressing them with my witty song selection, I'm sure I'd play more obscure songs to demonstrate my coolness. The thing is...as you get older, you realize that what matters is what you enjoy, not the perception of other people. I totally agree with HalloweenHouseParty; music is subjective. Play the stuff you love and the people you care about enjoy. There are no "off limit" songs.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts