Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Devilishly Dutch
5,920 Posts
I pretty much do the same menu every year. And the easier the better! haha

Some new things I tried out last year that went over big were the mummy dogs. So they will be returning. I also tried the panna cotta pudding in the brain mold instead of the crab spread. Everyone loved it but it was so difficult to get out of the mold. The deadman's meatloaf is always a big hit.

Things that probably won't be returning are the 'finger' sandwiches.

Maybe others are finally thinking of their menus as well and will join in!

MsM

·
Registered
920 Posts
My Halloween Menu:
Dead Mans Dip
Grave Digger's Dip (Black Olive Tapenade Crostini)
Petrified Cheese Log
Fruit- Figs, Black grapes
Diablo Shrimp
Sea Monsters Canapes
Sweet & Sinful Devil's Food Mocha Cupcakes with ganache/and or cream cheese frosting
Haystacks
A Devil's Bite (Grilled Bacon Wrapped Jalapeno Poppers) New* will be adding this year.
Kettle corn

I have some of the recipes listed in my blog here on forum, and I will try to get another one posted with all-if any of these sound good to you.:)

·
Devilishly Dutch
5,920 Posts
Weren't you the one who had that nice pumpkin drink recipe posted on your blog?

MsM

·
Registered
50 Posts
Ooh, good thread. I love seeing people's final menus. I'm curious though, what some of these things are.

I think I'm settled on my menu, but need to think of clever names for everything

·
Registered
668 Posts
I'm thinking some of my menu might need to change a bit this year there are older kids instead of just little ones coming and my son is asking for a pork tenderloin type of meat so I'm going to have to find a kewl way to make that. I also am thinking I might need to try some grosser and easier stuff. Once I make more definate plans I'll post. :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Spider Spread

I always do a Spider spread. This consists of several round loaves of pumpernickel bread hollowed out (save the innards). Use black licorice for the legs(I like the thick licorice) and fill each spider loaf with your favorite dip (my favs are spinach dip, ranch dip, French onion dip, guacamole and bean dip). Talk about SUPER easy and everyone enjoys walking around the spider buffet filling their plates. Use chips, pretzels and the pumpernickel innards for dipping. Get creative with the eyes and fangs. I usually use something RED for the eyes and white cake decorating gel for the fangs. You can make them look cute or scary, depending on your style (for me the scarier the better).
This year I’m thinking about adding a couple of round white loaves and red licorice. Not sure if it will look goofy…. We’ll see!
*Note: I actually found this idea in a book and they used thick hairy pipe cleaners for the legs. I admit, it looks pretty good but I prefer my displays to be edible. :)

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Here is my menu in the works. I am still deciding for sure on the "savory" items.

Sweets
Monsters Brains (Greens Rice Crispy treat balls)
Witch’s finger cookies
Moldy Bone cookies (bone shaped meringue cookies)
Pumpkin Truffles
Apple Spice cupcakes
Chocolate pretzel sticks (Using Halloween molds, bones, monster fingers, etc)
Awesome Halloween themed tiered cake - made by friend who has cake business

Food
BeDeviled Eggs
Meatballs
Mummy cheese spread w/crackers
Shrimp puffs
Coffin sandwiches

Beverages
Assorted sodas & water
Jello shots w/gummy worms
Rotten Apple (spiked hot apple cider)

·
sasquatch
3,076 Posts
Mummy Wrap soup, mummy dogs, verious adult beverages, Devil's salsa and chips, Dinosaur eggs, guacamoli dip, candied apples and caranel apples, Devils food cake, and brain jello.

·
Registered
403 Posts
I am keeping it mostly the same... just cutting out a couple things.

Blood Chilli
Bat (chicken) Wings
Devilish Eggs
Black chips and salsa/ quacamole

The deserts is what I am known for I am a cake decorator.
This year there will be a 3 tiered Halloween Cake! This may be a foam display though, I have competition in winter so I may submit it in the Holiday catagory.

Cupcakes
Cookies
Chocolates
all decorated pretty
I get orders on these all month so I always have plenty for my partynight.

·
Registered
403 Posts
I forgot all the drinks..
Two big cauldren's of witches brew a Good Witch ( non alcoholic) And a Bad Witch (booze)

Usually I have a make a drink display table called Dr Jekyll's Lab. Good times.

Lots of Halloween Wines... by the way I drink Pure Evil Chardonay year round! It is very good rates very high.

Of course Soda ..by the way if you want an example of how anal I am I have pix on my page of my solution the year I could only find Christmas Coke bottles... I have issues!

I also do the oblgiatory Jello molds and Britta's Jello eyeballs but they are spiked with booze like Jello shots.

·
Registered
50 Posts
We're serving at my "no more brain tumors / halloween" party:

Savory snacks
Dead man's dip (baked potato dip and Tato skins)
Ed Gein (Meat face platter)
Spider bites (Caprese skewers)
Monster brains (guacamole and blue chips)
Dead men's toes (pretzles)
Diablo dip (buffalo chicken dip and blue chips)

Drinks
Spinal fluid (beer)
Spanish widow (sangria)
Brain tumors (vodka soaked cherries)
[general bar setup]

Sweet snacks
Crab apples (Caramel apple slices)
Zombie treats (gummy brains)
Zombie cakes (brain cupcakes)

·
Registered
11 Posts
my son is asking for a pork tenderloin type of meat so I'm going to have to find a kewl way to make that. I also am thinking I might need to try some grosser and easier stuff. Once I make more definate plans I'll post. :)
Go for the roasted fleshworm then. It can be found at I Make Projects - How To Make Awful Edible Roasted Fleshworms

They went over so well last year we will be making 2 this year. Also, the crab dip brain in a skull serving bowl, deviled eggs with an olive ring so they look like eyeballs, standard faire of chips, dip, French & Italian breads for the dip, squashed frogs, haystacks, and cupcake bites.

·
Registered
920 Posts

I believe I need more savory items to add to my menu..I had these at a party once & it was VERY good.

Mushroom Puffs...but I am still not certain what Halloween name I will give them?
H1

·
Registered
967 Posts
You know what I'm excited about this year? Pizza! Just pizza... going to pick it up and bring it back and people can eat! Stress free pizza... ahh.... makes me happy just thinking about the stress freeness that will exist. :)

Some party snacks as well but I'll post those later...

·
AKA - S.M. Barrett
1,084 Posts
We're a traditional house...

Scottish "pigs in blankets" made with bangers and sour bread wrapping.

Pumpkin soup with potatoes, ham, onion and sage.

Punch (apple juice, pineapple juice, ginger ale, cloved pumpkin chunks and cinnamon)

Normally, we'd also make colcannon, an Irish Halloween dish of mashed potatoes, kale, butter and onion, with charms hidden in it, but it seemed like overkill what with the soup.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I forgot all the drinks..
Two big cauldren's of witches brew a Good Witch ( non alcoholic) And a Bad Witch (booze)

Usually I have a make a drink display table called Dr Jekyll's Lab. Good times.

Lots of Halloween Wines... by the way I drink Pure Evil Chardonay year round! It is very good rates very high.

Of course Soda ..by the way if you want an example of how anal I am I have pix on my page of my solution the year I could only find Christmas Coke bottles... I have issues!

I also do the oblgiatory Jello molds and Britta's Jello eyeballs but they are spiked with booze like Jello shots.
Mizerella, how do you make jello shots in molds and get them to set up? I have tried jello jigglers with alcohol in them twice, but they don't get solid enough to come out of the molds

1 - 20 of 61 Posts