Halloween Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought I would post a few Halloween makeup tutorials to get everyone inspired for Halloween this year. :)
...please feel free to add your favs to this thread.

(The first few are from Monster Makeovers-series by Dustin Hunter, I love his interpetations of the different characters & of course, Count Raven Insane.. Enjoy!)

Zombie

Vampire

Witch

Witch (I did a version of this one, two years ago-it turned out well & was easy to accomplish)

[

·
Registered
920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I love the makeup by misscheivous. Shes one of my all time fave for just pretty makeup. The only prob I had when I did her witch one year too is she uses MAC makeup and I used maybelline...if you know what i mean....:D
Yes, I do understand. Cosmetics can be $$$. :)

I do have some MAC, and it is good quality- the colors are very pigmented, intense & wear well. But the brighter colors aren't practical for me to wear day to day (I don't wear alot of makeup or alot of color). For just Halloween, it's not very pracitcal for me to go out & buy MAC.

But I have found another brand that is comparable to MAC and not so pricey, at ULTA- it's called NYX. Very reasonable, the single shadows are like $2.99 each.. I bought it to fill in what I did'nt want to buy in MAC for my Halloween Makeup, when I did the green witch version.

http://www.nyxcosmetics.com/

The NYX jumbo color pencil in MILK, is awesome. I use it to create highlights or as a base under shadows. They have a product called Studio Primer effect which comes in colors- like blue & green that can be used to create different tones on th skin. Their line is pretty vast, I have be able to find alot of NYX products that are very close & will give you almost ( the shade might be a little differrent) the same effect as MAC, you just have to play with it.

NYX Jumbo Pencil in MILK
Cosmetics Eye Product Eyebrow Brown

NYX Lime Juice

Also...if you want to wear glitter on your face or eyes and have it stay put & not flake off, Too Faced has the best product called Shadow Insurance, it bonds glitter & can also be used as a shadow primer too. I use Urban Decay's All Nighter setting spray to set my whole face, so my makeup will wear better through the night & not melt off.

Hair Face Eyebrow Hairstyle Chin
My eyeshaow looked more intense & green in person, but the flash blew it out....but you get the idea.:)
Used: NYX shadows:Lime Juice, White
NYX Jumbo Pencil in MILK
MAC: Humind, Swimming, Black Tied

Clothing Hat Costume hat Lady Fashion accessory

·
Registered
261 Posts
OMG....I LOVEEEEEEEEEE THE LOOK OF THAT GREEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have been wondering about my make up this year and this is definitely something I would do! But we don't have that brand in Canada I think...

·
Registered
920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
OMG....I LOVEEEEEEEEEE THE LOOK OF THAT GREEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have been wondering about my make up this year and this is definitely something I would do! But we don't have that brand in Canada I think...
I do too! It goes on really vibrant- perfect for Halloween. I plan on doing something different this year but would like to use this color again. :rolleyes:
Beautiful Halloweenie! Your pics are gorgeous (and so are you!) Thanks for sharing about the alternate makeup....
You are very kind. Thankyou. :)

·
Registered
920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

·
Registered
261 Posts
I'm wondering if anyone can give me some tips...I am looking to do something for my daughter. She is being a Living Dead Doll "Posey" we are trying to find a way to do her eyes so that when she closes them it resembles the white out of the doll. Because she can not wear the contacts. Ive tried a few different techniques but it gets all creased up and clumpy when she opens her eyes again. Any tips would be awesome. Doll Toy Lip Cheek Skin

·
Registered
881 Posts
There is a liquid makeup type called hybrid, it uses alcohol (drinking kind I have been told) as the vehicle.
Suitable for airbrushing, it can easily be painted on with brushes in smaller areas like eyelids.
When dry (nearly instantly) does not easily run, smudge, or clump. That is from Showoffs body art. They offer a small bottle sample kit of 4 or 5 colors for $15 or so..
Wolfe Face Art also makes a good water based dry pallet (wet the brush), that goes on thin and doesn't seem to have issues.
You can also try Fixier, it is a well thought of fixing spray to prevent most of your issues.

BTW you would probably get more responses by posting your question as a new thread post, rather than hidden at the end of a tutorial.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts