Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
3,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw a Better Homes and Gardens edition out today but at 6 bucks for all that cutesy I passed. There are some nice creepy pics tho' of spooky rooms and what I believe are those tiny skeletons that come on the string for a buck at Dollar Tree dressed up in old ladies clothes and sitting in doll furniture in little scenes...they were neat and I might end up spending that 6 bucks yet...that is if I don't see someone on here come up with even better ideas first!

·
Seer of All
2,939 Posts
Cutesy or not, I have to buy the Halloween magazines every year - they're the first "decorations" I put out. Nothing like a grinning jack-o-lantern on a magazine cover to get me in the spirit!

·
Horror off the Highway
1,795 Posts
I actually just bought a copy yesterday. I was so excited to get my copy, I've been collecting them since 2005 now. I love all the indoor decor ideas tgey have this year. Since my decor will be in my apartment this yeat it has tons of ideas I wanna use/make. Yay!!

·
Mill Creek Haunted Hollow
6,359 Posts
Every fall I buy the "Taste of Home" Halloween edition. We have the past four or five years on our recipe book shelf. I love the little book. It's full of great recipes and some fun party ideas. They're expecially nice to have around if you have kids like I do.

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
I got that Taste of Home last week. I walked all around the grocery store reading it (with the intention of putting it back) but then I decided I had to have it. Hmmm, can't find it now...I think my daughter laid claim to it!

·
Registered
668 Posts
ohhhhhhhh is taste of home halloween edition out already? I've been looking for halloween magazines but haven't seen any here yet :( cry

·
Seer of All
2,939 Posts
ohhhhhhhh is taste of home halloween edition out already? I've been looking for halloween magazines but haven't seen any here yet :( cry
Taste of Home and BHG hit the stands around here last Tuesday so you should be seeing them any time now.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
I'm a total sucker for those mini Halloween recipe books. lol
Have a bunch of them already from previous years. But, it doesn't stop me from going home with another one.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I am a sucker too....I get them every year. Got 2 so far My favorite this year in Taste of Home is the "Cheesenstein" which is a cheese ball in the shape of a frankenstein head....lol

·
Registered
806 Posts
Cutesy or not, I have to buy the Halloween magazines every year - they're the first "decorations" I put out. Nothing like a grinning jack-o-lantern on a magazine cover to get me in the spirit!
I have to agree!! I love the halloween mags. They officially start the season for me!

·
Registered
670 Posts
I am a sucker too....I get them every year. Got 2 so far My favorite this year in Taste of Home is the "Cheesenstein" which is a cheese ball in the shape of a frankenstein head....lol

I really liked the cheesestein too. I also liked the balloon ghosts with glow sticks inside..pretty neat idea.

·
Registered
605 Posts
Got the Martha Stewart magazine today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Haven't had a lot of time to look through it yet but looks awesome as always. I loved the pumpkins in it.

Also got the Family Circle October issue with pumpkins on the cover. Again, not been able to look through it much yet, but the new magazines are a'comin'!!

I saw the Matthew Mead too, but haven't gotten yet.

·
Seer of All
2,939 Posts
I haven't been able to find the Martha Halloween edition here. That's my favorite though.

·
Registered
3,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Every fall I buy the "Taste of Home" Halloween edition. We have the past four or five years on our recipe book shelf. I love the little book. It's full of great recipes and some fun party ideas. They're expecially nice to have around if you have kids like I do.

I finally spotted these today...do they always put out a small one and a full size mag?

·
Foolish Mortal
772 Posts
I also bought the Halloween Edition of Martha Stewart Living. Alot of people think she only does cute. That is not so. Yea she does cutesy stuff but alot of it is very original and macabre. I just love the pictures.

Better Homes and Gardens Halloween Edition is good but it is mostly cutesy. Though there are a few articles with great pictures. I haven't bought it yet but I will. I usually buy almost every magazine with Halloween in it. I have a huge collection of Sept/Oct. magazine issues. Country Living is also one of my favorite but I haven't seen that one yet. Country Living has an entire book out this year devoted to Halloween. I bought my copy at TJ Maxx but I saw it today at Hobby Lobby. It does not have as great of pictures as country Living magazine but it is full of recipes and such.

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
Holwatthemoon - we had the same response to the $ on the Disney Family fun mag - :eek: !!!

But, we did pick up the Martha Stewart Halloween magazine - some good ideas - even though much of it was essentially ads for her own product and Grandinroad. But in their defense, the ad photos gave some good ideas that could be easily duplicated...

My wife still feels ripped off that the Halloween issue isn't included in the Martha Stewart Living subscription...but whatcha gonna do?

·
Registered
14,083 Posts
I too was a bit shocked at the price of the Disney Family Fun Halloween magazine. Personally I would have preferred they used cheaper printing (rather than the pretty heavy cover stock and glossy pages) to keep the cost down, but it will be a keeper and yes, I did end up parting with the money. I actually found a number of ideas and tips that I thought I'd probably never remember and really liked so bought it for reference. I don't have kids so all the kids costumes and such is of little value to me. I'm more into the recipes and decorating end of it so there really has to be something in there for me to go that high on a magazine.

I did look through the Matthew Meade issue and was tempted but after spending $10 for the Family Fun I couldn't bring myself to shell out another $13 I think it was.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts