Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
Cross Stitch and Quilting are always the first Halloween magazines out. At the end of July/beginning of August we should start seeing the "September" fall-themed magazines which sometimes have a sprinkling of Halloween in them, and then the "Special Edition" (that is...$8.99 and up) Halloween magazines like Martha (if she does one), Matthew Mead, Gooseberry Patch, Taste of Home, Pillsbury, and Phylis Hoffman usually show up the end of August/beginning of September, with the regular Halloween/October issues of (my favorites) BH&G, MSL, and Women's Day showing up the beginning of September.

I hope we get some really great spreads/issues this year because last year was DISMAL in my opinion. I absolutely love Halloween magazines, but last year I think I only bought one (and I usually buy just about any magazine with a pumpkin or so much as a cornstalk on it).

Thanks for getting the thread rolling, Boobird. Let's hope we get lots of great magazines this year to add to it!

·
...is up to no good
1,295 Posts
Super excited to get back to the U.S. and maybe be able to buy some fall food and Halloween themed magazines!! I'll be back in less than three weeks and I'm STOKED. Thanks for reminding me about the magazines. Now I have even more to look forward to!

·
Registered
187 Posts
The new full color AUGUST issue of Halloween Machine is here...and its REALLY cool, if I do say so myself. This thing is packed with cool stuff, features on home haunts like The Butcher of Provincetown, a trip to West Virginia's Castle Halloween, Five movies guaranteed to put you in the Halloween spirit, and tons more. If you've never read an issue of Halloween Machine, this is the month to check it out. With FREE SHIPPING...enter the code LJSD14 at checkout. :)
http://www.lulu.com/shop/hallow-harvest/halloween-machine-august-2014/paperback/product-21739678.html

·
Registered
234 Posts
Tuesday Morning often sells old issues of special edition magazines at a very discounted price. In the past I've picked up Christmas magazines, Paula Deen magazines, etc. Anyways, I was in TM this morning and bought a 2013 edition of a magazine called "Celebrate Halloween", a Hoffman Media Special. It contains a lot of recipes and a few party theme ideas. Lots of nice pictures. The original price was $9.99 but TM is selling them for $1.99.

TM also had a few autumn themed entertaining magazines. I didn't have time to look through those since my 84 year old mom was with me and she was starting to get tired. So I just grabbed the one that had the word "Halloween" on the front. For only $1.99 it appears to be well worth the price!

·
Registered
13,769 Posts
Curious to see what magazines Costco will get in. They discount 30% I think and usually have a few that come in for halloween.

I saw someone post that the Martha Stewart magazine had a Free shipping coupon for items at Grandinroad. The code was posted in the GR thread if you don't find the magazine.

·
Registered
861 Posts
Hi, wondering if someone could answer this for me, this is the first year I am subscribed to Better Home and Gardens magazine, anyone know if that includes the Halloween issue ? Previous years I would go buy it at the market, but got such a good deal on the magazine for a year on Amazon just subscribed a few months ago. But I am guessing the Halloween one is maybe a special issue I still have to buy at the market ? Thanks in advance to anyone who can let me know =-)

·
Monster Collector
3,385 Posts
Hi, wondering if someone could answer this for me, this is the first year I am subscribed to Better Home and Gardens magazine, anyone know if that includes the Halloween issue ? Previous years I would go buy it at the market, but got such a good deal on the magazine for a year on Amazon just subscribed a few months ago. But I am guessing the Halloween one is maybe a special issue I still have to buy at the market ? Thanks in advance to anyone who can let me know =-)

I know we didn't last year. That was the only reason we subscribed because that particular issue is so hard to find around here for some reason. Needless to say we were a bit upset, so we didn't renew our subscription.

·
Registered
861 Posts
I know we didn't last year. That was the only reason we subscribed because that particular issue is so hard to find around here for some reason. Needless to say we were a bit upset, so we didn't renew our subscription.
Hey shadow whats up, aww ok that sucks !!!!! thanks for letting me know. I will for sure not renew either. I like their magazine but mainly because that one issue lol so no renew for me

·
Registered
236 Posts
Not a quote on quote Halloween magazine. The farmers almanac start showing up late Aug thru mid September. Been buying them everyear since the 80s. Once in a while have a story or info about Halloween.

Only mentioned it since comes out same time as Halloween mags.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Someone asked about Halloween Martha Stewart mag. Have not seen it but did get the September issue in the mail and I did find two pumpkin items.

Sorry about quality of the pictures my phone sucks.

uploadfromtaptalk1407805086423.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1407805107704.jpg

1 - 20 of 72 Posts