Halloween Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Rain in the forcast so not sure yet if it's not raining when I get home it will be foggers and animatronics and I should be ready ! I'm crossing my fingers that the rain will hold off !

·
Registered
708 Posts
Get a bag of ice for my fogger and I think I am going to stop at the grocery store and try and grab another bag or two of candy. Leaving work at 3 as TOT starts at 5:30 in my hood.

·
Registered
676 Posts
We live on a farm so we don't get TOTs. :( I doubt we'll get any at the store, but I bought some candy just in case.

·
Registered
799 Posts
Set up my skeletons, put my tombstone back out...once the wind calms down :( make my candy bags, run to the store for batteries and ice and I should be ready!! Lots to do! Have fun ya'll!! :)

·
Registered
60 Posts
I'm all done. Decorated the front gate and the porch

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
I have to carve two pumpkins and put a few items out in the yard. Also, I'm cutting eyes in paper towel rollers to put glow sticks in so my shrubs have eyes tonight.

·
Registered
482 Posts
All my animatronics, fogger set up, singing pumpkin & tombstone projections, music going, I have "pre-night" and actual music for the night and to finish putting up the chain to keep the kids out of the display, spider webbing on the front door, some but very doable, goal to be set up before 2! Just waiting for it to warm up, currently 32D.................

·
Seer of All
2,939 Posts
I have three pumpkins to carve, set up my photo spot, and put out my skeletons and dancing ghouls if this wind ever dies down. Other than that, just making some food to snack on during the evening. Happy Halloween! :D

·
Reaper Guardian
2,041 Posts
Bought the pumpkins this morning, need to carve the Jacks. Like digbugsgirl, I live on a farm with no ToTs, but do head over to the trunk or treat at a friend's church...better than nothing.

·
Registered
13,768 Posts
I had all kinds of stuff to still pick up and get done before kids show up tonight and went to start the day off with some Starbucks coffee this a.m. only to find that my darling husband, and using that term very loosely today, had taken my car key with him to work this morning. Usually I drive him to the train station in the a.m. but we figured it made sense for him to drive himself to the station so I didn't have to pick him up this afternoon right before kids starting showing up and at least I would be home for early TOTers. Called him on his cell and sure enough he has both of the car keys for my car with him. He didn't put it back on the shelf after going out for dinner last night when I picked him up at the station and we made a $50 TOT candy run last night. I am so upset with him right now, and to happen today of all days.

So no coffee, no real food in the house other than bags of candy (too busy to go grocery shopping this week), and stuck at home unable to pick up the last of the stuff I need to finish my projects. Hubby isn't a halloween person and I'm sure has no idea how he has impacted my plans. I am fuming right now and know at least you guys can understand why. His attitude is "well at least we have candy bought!"

So figured I'd get started on what projects I can still tackle like some signage and just realized that some of the project items like the poles for my theater rope barrier to the hotel rooms/elevator which I picked up yesterday are locked in my car. Have the globe tops for them inside the house, little good that will do. Half tempted to break a car window....well needless to say, this day isn't going like planned.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Was going to setup the vortex and maybe put out a few things as I don't have many TOT where I live and my real Haunt is at the beginning of the month at the campground. But now with the HIgh Wind watch will probably not do anything just have the one ghost out and the one lighted sign. My real trick is just getting home in time as I have a long drive from work.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I've put out my couple of items I didn't want out overnight - standing talking skeleton, black light, door curtains, fragile urns - so all that's left tonight is to carve two pumpkins (if we get around to it), dress up, and turn on all the lights. I can't wait!

·
Registered
13,768 Posts
Well even though the day started out like a nightmare for me, I did manage to get enough done and set up to pull it together by the time the kids came at 6:30. Not as nicely done as I wanted and some items like my hotel elevator just had to be be dropped. Not sure what to do with the stuff I had left in my locked car or projects I didn't get to finish. Been thinking of a theme repeat next year. Still not happy about the whole car key ordeal and will make sure I have my car key tomorow if I decide to hit Spirit.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts