Halloween Forum banner

61 - 66 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
533 Posts
This is turning out to be avery poor year for Halloweeen decs in the UK. I visited all my usual 'haunts' today and found very slim pickings indeed.
Hardly anything decent or new anywhere, except there were some nice cheappy items my local £1 store. They're reaper style skellys covered in cloth, and which for a £1 were good value I thought compared to the usual old toot we get in this country.

My greatest find/buy this year has been snagging a Walgreens type skelly from a shop online for only £48 including shipping. I've been after on of these for ages now. :D

Sadly they sold out pretty quickly, but I got it from here...

http://www.props-n-frocks.co.uk/fancy-dress-accessories/6163-skeleton-life-size-halloween-decoration.htm

·
The Halloween King
626 Posts
Sadly i have to admit defeat this year and agree.

Since around 2006 it's been getting bigger and better. More imports from the US, wider ranges, more marketing. But this year it's clear everywhere that about a fifth of the money that was invested into it last year has been this year. And last year was a fair sized decrease from the previous.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Got to agree with the above I thought the decorations this year were quite poor. Most were the same as last year and any new stuff were of poor quality.

I noticed that there was a distinct lack of any large quality props. Everything was mass market low cost / quality.

Apart from 1 knife from Asda and some creepy cloth from the pound shop we have bought nothing.

All home made this year!

·
Registered
306 Posts
I've spent under £20 this year, usually it's £200+. I did buy Boris but he went back.. wasn't impressed. The main store I'm disappointed with this year is TK Maxx, there was nothing bar a few kids costumes. Very underwhelming year to say the least. :(

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
agreed! Only just got round to visiting TKMaxx on Saturday. I walked around the store 3 times, and all that was in was Halloween themed marshmallows by the tills!!
This thread isn't very popular this year...and honestly with the lack of goodies around this year, I'm not surprised :(
I have hardly spend anything this year either! Will be spending more on party food and TOT supplies than anything else!(and living in a quiet area, not expecting many TOT-ers)

·
Registered
395 Posts
it's a sad state of affairs trying to get the real quality items for sale over here. not bought anything this year apart from half a dozen creepy cloth from the £ shop for next years projects. Asda have a double isle this year near me and have covered it in black cloth with red lighting it does look nice and they have a few nice bits in. They normally have a good selection in the range. may be better phoning ahead to make sure first though http://www.therange.co.uk/

61 - 66 of 66 Posts