Halloween Forum banner

41 - 60 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts

·
The Halloween King
626 Posts
Yeah that's some really good ****. What i think the problem is, is that the importers and distributors of halloween merchandise in the UK don't feel there's enough of a demand to risk buying the stuff and trying to sell it here. They don't think people in the UK care enough to spend more than a couple of pound in a pound shop.

Which is a shame, for us as consumers. And a mistake for them as merchandisers. They should really spend some time and man-power into researching actual current trends and popularity. And they'd realize there's money to be made.

That being said, TK Maxx (owned by American TJ Maxx, i never underatand why they change the names for us) usually do have a few similar ornaments and such like that. Not as big a selection like.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I agree 100% with you OMGDan. I'm lucky enough to live near two TK Maxx stores, one of them having a whole other floor dedicated to home décor and furnishings so I'm hoping they'll carry plenty of Halloween goodies this year. I've got some really neat things from there over the last few years but my favourite find has to be this lantern..

Halloween Lamp.jpg

I enquired on the TK Maxx facebook about when they'll start stocking their Halloween items and they said - Halloween items have started arriving in store now, and will peak in inventory next week - I can't wait to see what's on offer! My other half is off work next week so he'll come in handy for carrying my loot HAHA!

·
Registered
306 Posts
Okay so I bought Boris. Not as good as last years mini prop. All he has for legs or shall I say leg is that under his cloak is a plastic pole, pretty much like one of a artificial Christmas tree, and his candy bowl is very thin plastic. His head is the best part about him. I couldn't find him on YouTube so I uploaded a video I took so you can hear what he says. (Sorry bad video...) Hello... I Am Boris

I bought the Pumpkin Mister too and to be honest for £18 I'm not very impressed with that. Not much mist is visible and the cover it sits on gets very wet! :(.

As for TK MAXX nothing in my local store yet :confused: which is very unusual as previous years they've had items on sale by the end of August. I love their pieces as they are well made for the price.

Hopefully Sainsbury's will have some cool animated pieces this year. I did e-mail them but they never got back to me :(.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I visited two of my local TK Maxx shops, one of them (the one that I usually go to) had nothing in the way of Halloween décor but they did have some gorgeous candles, Candy Corn, Pumpkin Pie, Pumpkin Spice as well as other autumnal scented ones.. I picked up 3 as I'm a scented candle junky..

I rang ahead to the other TK Maxx and they said they had some Halloween stuff in so I went there today and their display was at the end of an aisle, not very big which was quite disappointing! They did have some good things like metal witch hats for putting candles inside (I got one of those last year so I didn't pick one up) large witches other things, but quite a few of the items looked damaged or scruffy in my opinion :( I did however pick up two Halloween snow globes which I was very happy with, I'll put up a picture of them tomorrow if anybody is interested! I just hope that there will be better stock in October!

My local Wilkinsons had their display up but nothing on it! It beggars belief! :|

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hopefully i will be visiting my local TK MAXX tomorrow was hoping to venture there today but been up all night with a poorly little monster, talk about the exorcist :eek: and have been told by loads of people my local wilko's have there display out and that's its packed so i will defiantly be popping in, can't wait. but unfortunately still no sigh in asda, they ain't half behind this year :( x

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
we dont really have a tk maxx nr us.... kinda do.. but its in the center of the city and not real practical. by the by.... normally not that much good stuff. still waiting on ASda!

2,442 Posts
I agree 100% with you OMGDan. I'm lucky enough to live near two TK Maxx stores, one of them having a whole other floor dedicated to home décor and furnishings so I'm hoping they'll carry plenty of Halloween goodies this year. I've got some really neat things from there over the last few years but my favourite find has to be this lantern..

View attachment 129381

I enquired on the TK Maxx facebook about when they'll start stocking their Halloween items and they said - Halloween items have started arriving in store now, and will peak in inventory next week - I can't wait to see what's on offer! My other half is off work next week so he'll come in handy for carrying my loot HAHA!
Love that lantern, gonna have to look in my local store.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
boris is the new asda prop right? i presume you ordered online, or has you local store started to put out decs?

·
Registered
306 Posts
Yeah I bought Boris online from ASDA Direct as I'm far too impatient to wait for him. I looked in last years thread and it seems ASDA didn't have their Halloween instore until the start of October.

Thanks for the news on TK Maxx I'll pop in on Saturday. I managed to get one of those lanterns last year too, I've kept it out all year :eek:.

My local Sainsbury's was making way for the Halloween yesterday, It should be out now. Usually Sainsbury's have cartoon style soft toys that sing some kind of Halloween song. I can't visit until Saturday but if anyone has a local near them and can pop in then please do so. :) I don't usually buy anything from Sainsbury's until November 1st as they reduce it all by 70% off.

Nothing so far has had the wow factor, It seems many items are repeats of previous years.

I've had a browse on eBay for different pieces to help set the atmosphere..

Strobe Light Skulls9
UV Cobweb
Glow in the Dark Spray Paint
Autumn Leaves
Yankee Candle Witches Brew (Cheaper, Old Jar)
Yankee Witches Brew (Dearer, Better Jar)

I really do recommend the Yankee Candle, It has a very strong throw.

Boris has invaded eBay at ridiculous prices :rolleyes:.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
Yeah I bought Boris online from ASDA Direct as I'm far too impatient to wait for him. I looked in last years thread and it seems ASDA didn't have their Halloween instore until the start of October.

Thanks for the news on TK Maxx I'll pop in on Saturday. I managed to get one of those lanterns last year too, I've kept it out all year :eek:.

My local Sainsbury's was making way for the Halloween yesterday, It should be out now. Usually Sainsbury's have cartoon style soft toys that sing some kind of Halloween song. I can't visit until Saturday but if anyone has a local near them and can pop in then please do so. :) I don't usually buy anything from Sainsbury's until November 1st as they reduce it all by 70% off.

Nothing so far has had the wow factor, It seems many items are repeats of previous years.

I've had a browse on eBay for different pieces to help set the atmosphere..

Strobe Light Skulls9
UV Cobweb
Glow in the Dark Spray Paint
Autumn Leaves
Yankee Candle Witches Brew (Cheaper, Old Jar)
Yankee Witches Brew (Dearer, Better Jar)

I really do recommend the Yankee Candle, It has a very strong throw.

Boris has invaded eBay at ridiculous prices :rolleyes:.
i like the idea of that glow in the dark spray paint. TBH not somethign iv ever thought of.

have you had it before?? if so i presume its goodd for you to rebuy

·
Registered
9 Posts
Here's the two Hallowe'en snow globes I found in TK Maxx for anybody that's interested!

IMG_3796.jpg

There were also snow globes with Wizards in! I noticed that some of the items that were in the shop are the very same ones sold in Home Goods in America so I'm hoping for better stock next month! I'm praying that they'll have some of the Headless Horseman statues but knowing my luck they won't! :(

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
Here's the two Hallowe'en snow globes I found in TK Maxx for anybody that's interested!

View attachment 131038

There were also snow globes with Wizards in! I noticed that some of the items that were in the shop are the very same ones sold in Home Goods in America so I'm hoping for better stock next month! I'm praying that they'll have some of the Headless Horseman statues but knowing my luck they won't! :(
aww Bella they are awsome! how big are they?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Just popped into my local Asda and the Halloween stuff is out... unfortunately I was not impressed. To me it seemed there were no new ideas, very little that adults could use to decorate for Halloween; basically it appeared to be aimed at parents who have been forced to throw a children's party on a very tight budget and don't care what it looks like! Maybe I'm being too critical but I felt let down; they used to get some great stuff in Asda. Even last year - which was another poor year, I felt - they at least had the purple and orange lights which I've got around my computer monitor now!

I keep checking TK Maxx but have seen nothing so far; I'm concerned since they usually have Christmas stuff out by now!

·
Registered
44 Posts
ALDI on Thursday, knowing how Aldi works you will need to be early if you want one,

Obviously not a top of the range fogger but at the price and with a three year guarantee you can't go wrong, i will be after a couple.

·
The Halloween King
626 Posts
ALDI on Thursday, knowing how Aldi works you will need to be early if you want one,

Obviously not a top of the range fogger but at the price and with a three year guarantee you can't go wrong, i will be after a couple.

Good find dude. Thanks for that. Got an Aldi by my house, i couldn't imagine them stocking anything like this haha, but i shall try.

·
Registered
25 Posts
My Asda Has There Stock Out Too, but im guessing its not all there yet as i haven't seen one single boris in there yet :( i did buy two nice goodies from TK MAXX tho and got my little boy his costume, will upload pics as soon as i can x

·
Registered
306 Posts
My TK Maxx has a few kids Halloween costumes and a couple packs of small glittery skulls but that's it. Very disappointed as they usually have some unique pieces for reasonable prices. Of course there's still hope but they have half an aisle of Christmas goods in my local now.

Wilkinsons range seems a lot smaller than lasts and mainly it's pieces from previous years. This applies to Sainsbury's too.

A very underwhelming Halloween this year so far. :(

41 - 60 of 66 Posts