Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Helloooooooo o o o o ooo guys and ghouls

Its my first day back here - ive been trying to resist coming here till now so that i didnt get too excited - but a convo with OMGDAN the other day has spurred me to post.

any ways....

I thought this would be a good time for all us UK halloween fans to share any sightings on props, dress and anything halloweeny in and around our stores.

I have been checking daily for the last week or so fo any news on Asda, sainsburys and tesco stock for this year, but no luck so far.

So share what you have found, any anything you have made.... lets get it on!

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Just like you, I havent spotted a damn thing yet!
Saw on my Facebook that the costume shop in the next town is getting their stock in this or next week though, so I suppose that could get the ball rolling for other to follow suit!

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
we can all hope!! im supprised not to have seen anything yet....maybe the resession last year brought poor sales and maybe they have pushed back the release of items this year? all speculation.... but iv started buyin bits for my costume from ebay....

·
Registered
42 Posts
Poundland are starting to put stuff out today here...they actually started yesterday with face paints/clip on led jewellery so you guys should be getting it soon :)

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
thanks Grotbags! I like their stock usually(and Poundworld), so fingers crossed for them to get a good haul in this year. Got a busy schedule in the next few days, so it'll prob be next weekend by the time I get to have a browse around

·
Registered
44 Posts
Nothing in and around the Black Country yet, to be honest i have tended to move away from the usual stuff from the stores, i made some great props last year with the help of the tutorials on this forum and now i have two new props on the go for this year, just finishing a trash can trauma using a great compressor from aldi and scored an old rocking chair on ebay last night, going to try and make it rock using a wiper motor and put a stuffed dummy or skeleton on it.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Nothing in and around the Black Country yet, to be honest i have tended to move away from the usual stuff from the stores, i made some great props last year with the help of the tutorials on this forum and now i have two new props on the go for this year, just finishing a trash can trauma using a great compressor from aldi and scored an old rocking chair on ebay last night, going to try and make it rock using a wiper motor and put a stuffed dummy or skeleton on it.
soudns like some great ideas! keep us posted

·
Registered
306 Posts
The Range have a dedicated Halloween area as I was told by a family member. I'll have to pay a visit.

Wilkinsons have added their Halloween items back on thier site. Most items say "back soon". Hopefully a few new pieces this year. Edit: They have a Skull Fogger for £15 and animated Frankenstein Head for £14 also, I think they are new to their store this year (?).

I'm mainly excited to see what ASDA and TK Maxx will offer this year. (Would be nice to see a large prop again.)
Sainsbury's made an effort last year with Albert the butler, so will keep an eye out for them too. :)

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The Range have a dedicated Halloween area as I was told by a family member. I'll have to pay a visit.

Wilkinsons have added their Halloween items back on thier site. Most items say "back soon". Hopefully a few new pieces this year. Edit: They have a Skull Fogger for £15 and animated Frankenstein Head for £14 also, I think they are new to their store this year (?).

I'm mainly excited to see what ASDA and TK Maxx will offer this year. (Would be nice to see a large prop again.)
Sainsbury's made an effort last year with Albert the butler, so will keep an eye out for them too. :)
nice one, let us know if you spot anything.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
First physical spot!

Spooted my first decorations.

B & M Bargins in my local town. Liturally had like 6 items, but i got excited, and it shows its nearly here!

304368_10151045155588517_1280264626_n.jpg

·
Registered
44 Posts
Yes they are all starting to put stuff out, went into poundworld today at Walsall, not poundland! they had a huge selection out, stuff i hadn't seen before, some great little items for a quid, i got two orange 6 led pumpkin lights, it says strobe lights on the pack but they are not, but still worth the money, no big items obviously but some cracking stuff, if there is a poundworld in your area defo worth a look.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
cheers ray.... ve not been into town this week, but i feel a trip is in order one day after work. Ive been eagrly waiting all these sightings... seems they are starting to crop up now

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
It seems other members are that despirate to have a multitude of their own threads... These ones are bein ignored.... Sooo any sightings? Im gonna head into town on saturday... Take pictures of everythin to show u guys whats about

·
Registered
13 Posts
Asda has some costumes online. Looks like this year they are calling it trick or treat street, at the bottom of he page you can see some of the new props which it says will be available from the September 18th!

1 - 20 of 66 Posts