Halloween Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14,285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This past week I saw 3 TV reports that were Halloween related.

First was that retailers think Halloween sales will be down 18% this year.

Second was about pumpkins. Said to expect more smaller pumpkins; due to poor weather the crop was reduced and pumpkin growers believe fewer people will be willing to pay the price for the larger ones that will be out there.

Third story was on KPIX/CBS5 about $5 halloween costumes at a school fundraiser in San Mateo, CA and a special each morning on the BuyCostumes website. They also mentioned shopping at Goodwill. Halloween Costumes For Sale At $5 And Under - cbs5.com

I've seen several TV Halloween commercials over this past week:
Disneyland; Walmart; Party City; Milky Way Bars; Reese's Peanut Butter Cups; HGTV/CostPlus World Market Spooktacular Sweepstakes (although aside from name not much to do with halloween).

What are you seeing on TV in your area?

·
Registered
384 Posts
Sales will be down because retailers are counting more on web sales vs marketing to the instant gratification impulse shopper.

I will admit my purchases are down considerably for this reason alone.

·
AKA - S.M. Barrett
1,084 Posts
Oddly, the pumpkin crop in Oklahoma is excellent - lot of rain in the Midwest and the southern plains this year.

ABC's Family Channel lineup of "what does that have to do with Halloween?" movies for their 13 Nights of Halloween has shown some commercials.

·
Registered
133 Posts
I've never seen a Party City commercial!

And I got this BEAUTIFUL large pumpkin at Sam's Club the other day, it's awesome. :)

·
Registered
668 Posts
Sales will be down 18% just from Wal-Mart alone not having anything decent out :p

·
The Minister of Macabre
954 Posts
Sales will be down 18% just from Wal-Mart alone not having anything decent out :p
HAHAHA That's so true! I can't complain enough about this years walmart selection.

My spending is down considerably this year because the Retatilers are not selling decent products and have a terrible selection. It's not that I don't want to buy, it's that there ISN"T anything to buy!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts