Halloween Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was thinking of having a horror movie theme for next year. Get a tombstones with Jason and Freddy's mask laying on the ground. Have horror movie themes for the music. I'm trying to think of other ideas but none of them come to mind right now. Does anyone have any suggestions? They'd be very helpful!

Thank you! :)

·
Going bump in the night..
3,388 Posts
Sounds like a great idea - are you going to be trying for the smaller, iconic items from movies?
Or are you going to have mannequins / dummies in costume, perhaps an actor or three in costume?

A small, simple icon could be the Puzzle Box from the Hellraiser series of movies...
(perhaps suspend it from a black thread, over a pedestal or something, lit from below, so it appears to hover in mid-air)
Don't forget Freddie's glove (as well as mask, as you mentioned).
How about that clown doll from Poltergeist, sitting in a kids rocking chair? (perhaps you could make a rocking motor for the chair, so it moves on it's own)

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes I agree. I'm doing a small yard haunt. I'm having the graveyard and then little things along the way to my house, I do have some chairs, but I'm not sure how to get it to move. Hmmm. I was thinking of dressing up as Sarah from Hocus Pocus. :)

Another thing I was thinking of is putting a costume in front of my bay window, like posting up the scream costume, I still have it around my house. I was going to buy a jacket hanger of some sort and put the costume over it, then put a strobe light near by so it shows up nicely.

I'm trying to think of more ideas.... Hmmm, any more suggestions?

·
Registered
183 Posts
Well scary terry has a self rocking chair tutorial on his website. there is probably a link somewhere on here. search for pvc frame or dduct tape dummy for a body for scream :) there are lots of nice people on here that can help you more.

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you for letting me know about the site, I'll be sure to check it out. If anyone else knows any more sites or suggestions of what I should do than reply to this post.

·
~zombie hunter~
3,346 Posts
That sounds really cool! I'm doing a movie theme from The Wizard of Oz next year. Maybe a gutted out blonde girl hanging from the tree with Ghost Face standing by her (SCREAM)

If you have a Donna the Dead she works great like the ring girl.

·
Reaper
3,611 Posts
If you're going for a movie theme you could do headstones for the old school monsters, like dracula, wolfman, creature from the black lagoon, etc. Possibilities are endless, there's so many things from horror movies you could make or buy, or may already have. If you go as Sarah you can have their skin bound spell book, cauldrons. Other things from horror movies, all mixed together.

·
Registered
57 Posts
A Michael Myers mask peeking out from around a corner might be a nice touch. Maybe a silhouette of Norman Bates' "mother" in a window?
The pic in my avatar is from my front porch. I took 2 wooden poles and made a cross, hung a trench coat on it, put a foam skull on top with a Michael Myers mask and he's all set! You could do this for any character. I also have a grim reaper type character peering out of my living room. (there's a pic of him in my album if you're interested.)

·
will rest in peace.....
653 Posts
Im 1 year ahead of you! heres some of my best ideas
-hannibal lecter in a pvc cage that he can escape from
-pop out chucky doll from an old toy box
-psycho bathroom scene(this 1 was awesome)
-"Saw" trap room with a recording of jigsaw
-excorcist room with a rigged up donna the dead
-hallway of gemmys and a leatherface actor who they think is also an animatronic
-a michael meyers room with mirrors and candles and all that good stuff

overall, my haunt last year was awesome. i just started working on the walkthrough vid (im lazy). you can look at my 07 haunt below but thats nothing to brag about. :) Good Luck!

·
Pyro
803 Posts
Hey Conman... i watched your youtube video from your haunt... good stuff!
other than what you've listed above, what else do you have planned for this year?

·
will rest in peace.....
653 Posts
first, the stuff above is my 08 plan, like I said, I'm too lazy to put together another video right now but I'll have it done eventually.
my plans for this year..hmmmm....it's not set in stone but I'm thinking about either a carnival or zombie theme. either way I have some top secret ideas that I can't really give away right now.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts