Halloween Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I could use some input.
I have a huge Halloween setup/haunt every year. I have a good deal of props I can set up and leave out. However I setup a tent or two each year as my actual haunt. The tents are 10 x 20 feet so it is good sized.

My problem is that althought I can set the tents up a day or two early I really cannot set them up with scenes and props as I have no way to lock things u and or protect the items in them.

So I am seeking advice for ideas to easy setup props to put in the tents. I am HUGE on using live people but have the props to aid my haunt.

Do any of you have some good ideas?

·
Insert Witty Comment Here
4,484 Posts
Where are you setting up these tents that security is such a problem?

Do you have a problem with people going into your tent?

Can you see what's in the tent from the outside?

Do you have a garage? If so, stage everything in there

If you use a lot of live actors, assign them an area to set up.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Where are you setting up these tents that security is such a problem? Either that or the items I have set out there are too expensive and I don't want them stolen.

Do you have a problem with people going into your tent? yes. kids from the neighborhood wander through. Mostly curious I am sure though

Can you see what's in the tent from the outside? No

Do you have a garage? If so, stage everything in there The Garage is too small to house the haunt, plus I have it used to store stuff. Good idea though

If you use a lot of live actors, assign them an area to set up. I would but I like to control these things. I do get ideas from them, but generally they are not "into" halloween as much as I am and their ideas don't really fly to well.

·
The Duke of Spook
1,976 Posts
Looks like you have a real Halloween problem on your little clawed hands there buddy. A gosh darned qwinky dink if you know what I'm sayin'.

You're a control freak with a garage that's too small and a haunt that just to danged BIG!

Have you considered staking off a caution tape fence around the tents with signs that say something about keeping out until you open your haunt? Maybe leaving some lights on in the area in hopes of warding off them evil-doers??

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
Ummm... razor wire?

Some years, I put out small lighted props in advance of The Day. I run a very thin steel cable through all of the props - thus connecting them and making a fast walk-off unlikely. Maybe you could wrap/stake/connect the items in your tent with steel cables? Attach a loud motion alarm to the cable in a less accessible/visible place- and that should keep most mischief away.

·
Halloween Nut
2,942 Posts
I agree with Boo Who? I bought 6 ft steal dog tie out cables from Dollar tree last year to secure my tombstones. Since they are short, you can interconnect two or more to lengthen the run. This is not a bad idea. Also, Dollar Tree sells an audible window alarm that sounds when the two parts are separated. I read a post regarding these window alarms here on the forum. Good luck to you.

Ummm... razor wire?

Some years, I put out small lighted props in advance of The Day. I run a very thin steel cable through all of the props - thus connecting them and making a fast walk-off unlikely. Maybe you could wrap/stake/connect the items in your tent with steel cables? Attach a loud motion alarm to the cable in a less accessible/visible place- and that should keep most mischief away.

·
Dawn of the Dead
1,827 Posts
Can you set it up in your backyard (fenced)? Then you could decorate the front and set up a path to the backyard. Work on the backyard parts over a few days.
Or if you really want to get crazy, block off the areas inside your house except for the room nearest your front door and create some kind of walk thru. Then you wouldn't be pressed for set up time. Would require a very patient and loving spouse/significant other!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts