Halloween Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well so far I've been making my thomb stones, I'll put my pictures up soon! :) I'm thinking of creating a gate around the graveyard, then I'm planning on ordering some colored spot lights online. I'm so excited for this halloween cause I'm getting creative this year. Another idea I had in mind was to do free tarot card readings for people. I've always been interested in it and I think it would add a spooky feeling around my house. I bought tarot deck cards at this magic show I go to near by and it actually had halloween tarot decks. I plan on taking photos of them and sharing them with you all. More ideas keep coming! =]

I'm also thinking of adding purple lights all around my porch and having black lights outside my home. Does anyone else have any interesting ideas of what I could do? :) Every Wednesday I always spend atleast 1 hour on this site and think of ideas and create props for my haunt.

Very very excited!! :p

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes I do! :) I plan on using Halloween theme horror movie songs along with some thunderstorm sound effects near my strobe lights. I think it will add a great affect with that and my fog machine. Along side of that I have Hallmark: Sounds of halloween and The 13th Hour. I'm going to mixing music and sound effects all night. Music always keeps me in the mood, I have to keep it running all through out the night even as I'm sleeping, haha!

·
livin Halloween every day
1,989 Posts
Also sam since you already have a graveyard and are working on your tombstones, why not build a couple zombies to hang out there? Very cheap and easy to do.Depending on your budget you could go the zombie mask and hands route on a pvc or wood body form or make your own zombie head and hands.A good place to get inexpensive good quality skulls is Cryptic Imports, creators of Cryptic Skulls, the affordable human skull prop for the halloween, haunted attraction, and theatrical industries I have bought from them in the past and use thier skulls alot. The skulls are very hard foam and easy to modify. I have pictures in my album here of the one i made for my neck massage zombie. Also the witch idea of course would be great, every haunted house needs it's resident witch.
You could build a stirring witch pretty easy. I just built a new werewolf this year to prowl my haunt i will post pics later...still waiting for his eyes to come to finish him. There is so much you could do...only limited by your immagination.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I dont know if you have Sirius Satellite radio, but they have the best Halloween music (sounds) for the week leading up to Halloween and until November 1st. I used it last year and I loved it.

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you for your ideas. I'm having a party and give out candy on halloween. :) I had my party before halloween last year and on halloween I was very bored so this year I'm having the party on Halloween instead. I'll be honest here but I study witchcraft, meditating, tarot cards, yoga, haha! I'm sure you get the idea. Halloween definately got me wanting to study those subjects though, my house is filled with books and spooky dvd's about ghosts. I saw on some web site where you can actually have a ghost slide where it looks like ghosts are in your house. I'm not sure where I saw that but I'm planning on looking again. I always dress up as a witch for halloween but only at night, during the daytime I always dress up as something mystical. This year before night hits I plan on dressing up as a forest fairy, then at night I switch and put on my witch make up. =]

·
Lord of the Cemetery
2,081 Posts
Glad to hear your plans are taking shape.:)
Are you still looking for Horror Movie theme music for your haunt this year?
I have some original theme tunes and incidental music in the music room at Samedi Manor, if you're still looking.

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes of course, I'm using all kinds of different music but I'd like to see what you have. :) Pm me and tell me more about the music!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts