Halloween Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I am working really hard to get the props built for this year that we are putting out new and for good reason. Three months ago I was told that I have Osteoarthritis in my left hip and it is currently bone on bone. A lot of pain but still manageable for now. I got a shot of cortosone and was hoping that it would work and allow me to wait until after Halloween to discuss hip replacement surgery. Sad to say the shot only lasted for about 4 weeks so i had to go back. I am scheduled to have the surgery on August 8th. As many of you know, we set up Mapleton Manor Yard Haunt over Labor Day weekend. With the surgery that will be nearly impossible for me to do. Told my kids about the surgery and when I was having it and before I could say anything they all three said they will be home Friday night and will stay the weekend to help the wife and I set everything up. I couldn't be more grateful that i have three wonderful adult children and grand kids that embrace our passion for Halloween almost as much as we do. So even though I will be down and out and only supervising, which mentally I have been battling with, and showing my sons how all the electrical and animation is set up, which I am so happy they are going to finally learn it as i know some day i wont be able to fully do it, it is going to be a great year.

·
Typical Ghoul Next Door
6,581 Posts
I am so sorry about the surgery/recovery you'll have to deal with, but once you're through it, you should be MUCH better off. You definitely need to allow yourself time to rest/recover and let others help you.

But sounds like you have such a great supportive family! Not only there for you for your health issues, but all of them stepping up to keep the ol' haunt going? That's WONDERFUL. :D

Good for you and so happy you don't have to worry over anything but getting all healed up and better than ever!

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am so sorry about the surgery/recovery you'll have to deal with, but once you're through it, you should be MUCH better off. You definitely need to allow yourself time to rest/recover and let others help you.

But sounds like you have such a great supportive family! Not only there for you for your health issues, but all of them stepping up to keep the ol' haunt going? That's WONDERFUL. :D

Good for you and so happy you don't have to worry over anything but getting all healed up and better than ever!
Thank you, even though like most of us on here......if we aren't doing it ourselves then we worry....I know I am so OCD about our setup and everything has to be just a certain way. But I am sure it will be in good hands. :p:p:p

·
Registered
292 Posts
That's great that your kids are doing that! About 12 years ago I had surgery on October 25. I didn't have a yard haunt to worry about but I always did makeup for my kids, which I wasn't able to do that year. It sucked but I just made the next Halloween a bigger deal to make up for it. I also reminded myself that feeling better is important. I hope your surgery goes well and you are better than ever afterwards!

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well an update on my hip surgery. It all went really good and i am on the road to recovery. I am moving around quite well right now but, I tend to overdo it. I am sure that come labor Day weekend I will be ready to go for the most part. Setting up small stuff and doing most of the electronics.Got a new Lepai amp for my dancing couple and have loaded four Midnight Syndicate CDs onto a flash drive to play on the amp. Just need to build a new box for the amp and speaker, but, it is going to be great. All in all i am doing well in my recovery and cant wait till Halloween is actually here. 16 DAYS AND WE WILL BE SETTING UP!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
About this Discussion
7 Replies
5 Participants
stick
Halloween Forum
Halloween forum - Keeping the Halloween spirit alive 365 days a year. Discuss decorations, costumes and more!
Full Forum Listing