Halloween Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all! I've been perusing the forum a lot lately, and I've seen some great ideas for Halloween 2015. I thought I'd state my goals here (in the hopes of sticking to them) :eek:, and I hope that others would like to share you goals, too!

JaCk's Goals for Halloween 2015:
1)Mausoleum build, with projected ghost using existing projector
2)Many, many, many (many) tombstones to build
3)Cemetery columns and fence build
4)Buy a second projector for window projection

Shouldn't be too hard! Right?...
What are your goals?
--JaCk

·
Registered
465 Posts
2014 was my first yard haunt and I went absolutely insane on the quantity of things I did. I rushed a couple of things (like my FCG crypt) and my top priority is to re-enforce or rebuild them. I can't promise I'll get to them all in 2015, but some ideas I have for the future include:

Vortex-style fog chiller

Silhouettes - these are life-size, cut from half-inch Styrofoam and painted black. Stand them up at a distance and backlight them a little bit. Monsters, zombies, Grim Reaper, etc.

Blair Witch dolls hanging from the trees

Scarecrow - in the style of "How To Haunt Your House" volume 1

Post-retirement pipe dream - animated coffin, similar to Haunted Mansion

·
Registered
493 Posts
I was just counting my yearly albums on this website and realized that 2015 will be one full decade of yard haunting. It's hard to believe that I've been at this for 10 years. So I guess I better make it special.

Right now only a couple goals come to mind. First and foremost I need to build platforms for my very large entrance pillars. They sit on a slanted driveway so I'll need to build something with a slanted base to place on the pavement and sturdy enough to support the pillars. I'm tired of propping the fronts of the pillars up with scraps of lumber.

I'm also seriously considering investing in a DVD projector and buying one of the those DVDs from Sprint Halloween, maybe the one with the zombies or screaming skeletons. I think building some sort of tombstone that can conceal the projector might be a good idea also.

·
Registered
124 Posts
The scope of our haunt this year is going to be limited by the amount the tax man leaves us with, but barring a doomsday scenario here is what I would like to do:

-General layout and lighting improvements from our 2014 graveyard
-First year of sequenced lighting and triggered effects
--RGB pixel candles (clusters and walkway border)
--DMX controlled fog machine
--Animated pop-up ghoul
-Fog chiller flow improvements
-Additional tombstones and decorations for the outer yard

1 - 7 of 7 Posts