Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone!

I am a major halloween globe collector. I have about 80 in my collection currently.

Am I the only one this obsessed?

If there are others, would ya'll want to use this thread to showcase finds and tell each other where to locate them? I go through so many store threads in the general section, and it might be nice to hit just one thread for the snow globes. Plus in the off season, we could also use this to maybe sell or trade, etc.

If anyone else is interested, or has any input please feel free!

·
Registered
518 Posts
Just last year I started taking an interest in snow globes. I like the ones with lights the best. I only have a few thus far. I was able to snag the headless horseman last year and also bought a globe with a haunted house ( the windows light up) I have been eyeing this one

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just last year I started taking an interest in snow globes. I like the ones with lights the best. I only have a few thus far. I was able to snag the headless horseman last year and also bought a globe with a haunted house ( the windows light up) I have been eyeing this one View attachment 716985
I've been trying to get my hands on the headless horseman snow globe for years! It's what got me started on them!

That one is adorable and I managed to grab it last year! I've seen it in a couple stores in upstate sc this year. I don't think the one I got last year glows though. I will have to check when I pull out the collection this month. I've noticed that they sometimes keep the same molds but tweak here and there and mix and match bases.

·
Registered
270 Posts
80 OMG! I don't have room for 1/2 of my stuff now. Have to get creative to cram everything. I probably have way more lanterns than globes...maybe I should start a separate thread for that. There is a big difference concerning the quality of globes. Most of those I see use regular silver glitter & so much of it that you can't see the scene inside of it & still want $35 & up so I pass on those even if the design is cute.

The pumpkin from Kohl's (bought one in 2017 & 2 more in 2018 as back-ups) are one of the best I've seen. The globe is orange acrylic & uses hologram glitter which makes it sparkle like diamonds when the lights are off. Seeing it in-store & in pictures doesn't do it any justice. I just stare at it...

IMG_0591.JPG

Similar but in candle form is one offered by Von Maur. It's a little drive but might be going to Von Maur's in the next week or so. Looks like might be regular glitter inside but no inside scene to look at. This is a Raz Imports product.

They also have a Frankenstein version which I am looking for but not buying from Amazon as these are usually very expensive & will only buy with a discount or coupon.

Also want this one from Kurt Adler:

And back to Kohls...waiting for any of my 4 local stores to stock this so I can see it. Site shows them adding stock to stores almost daily....& just as I brought it up to get the picture, my local store has it now. Won't pay $49.99 for it & they've had buy 1 get 1 50% for quite a while now so hopefully next offer will be either 40% or 50% off since I have an extra 30% for being a Kohl's charge customer.

Another note, while I really don't like buying on-line, Kohl's is an exception since they normally come in that hard, protective styrofoam to store it in. Buying it in-store, it is just wrapped in paper or an extra bag.

Oh...another I have, which I bought last year on clearance & it still is, is this from HSN. Lights and/or music with timer....great function:

·
Registered
598 Posts
I love snowglobes! I only have a couple Halloween ones and they are small. In the past, I didn't have space for them and after my kids managed to break two of my favorites, I kind of stopped looking. Kids are all grown now and have a closed display cabinet now so let the hunting begin! I just love the ones that have been shared in this thread.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
80 OMG! I don't have room for 1/2 of my stuff now. Have to get creative to cram everything. I probably have way more lanterns than globes...maybe I should start a separate thread for that. There is a big difference concerning the quality of globes. Most of those I see use regular silver glitter & so much of it that you can't see the scene inside of it & still want $35 & up so I pass on those even if the design is cute.

The pumpkin from Kohl's (bought one in 2017 & 2 more in 2018 as back-ups) are one of the best I've seen. The globe is orange acrylic & uses hologram glitter which makes it sparkle like diamonds when the lights are off. Seeing it in-store & in pictures doesn't do it any justice. I just stare at it...

View attachment 717009

Similar but in candle form is one offered by Von Maur. It's a little drive but might be going to Von Maur's in the next week or so. Looks like might be regular glitter inside but no inside scene to look at. This is a Raz Imports product.
View attachment 717010
They also have a Frankenstein version which I am looking for but not buying from Amazon as these are usually very expensive & will only buy with a discount or coupon.

View attachment 717011

Also want this one from Kurt Adler:
View attachment 717012
And back to Kohls...waiting for any of my 4 local stores to stock this so I can see it. Site shows them adding stock to stores almost daily....& just as I brought it up to get the picture, my local store has it now. Won't pay $49.99 for it & they've had buy 1 get 1 50% for quite a while now so hopefully next offer will be either 40% or 50% off since I have an extra 30% for being a Kohl's charge customer.

View attachment 717013
Another note, while I really don't like buying on-line, Kohl's is an exception since they normally come in that hard, protective styrofoam to store it in. Buying it in-store, it is just wrapped in paper or an extra bag.

Oh...another I have, which I bought last year on clearance & it still is, is this from HSN. Lights and/or music with timer....great function:

View attachment 717014
The Kurt Adler one is gorgeous! You should check out the lanterns at Christmas traditions! They have several styles and they are all freaking amazing.

Those are just a couple! Some of the figures are from the TJX/HG/Mars that I already have, but the lantern casing is making me really want them. They are pretty pricey though! I don't mind sharing this thread with Lantern styles! I can even share those in my shopping. :)

I have a couple of the lantern types, but you are all correct, 80 + globes is alot, and the lanterns usually take up more space lol

I will say that most of the discount type stores have them at a reasonable price. TJX/HG/Mars will have a globe usually from 12.99 to 14.99, but a similar globe will be 30+ at Pier 1. :rolleyes:

I'm jealous of the HSN one! I really like the classic wood bases alot!

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I love snowglobes! I only have a couple Halloween ones and they are small. In the past, I didn't have space for them and after my kids managed to break two of my favorites, I kind of stopped looking. Kids are all grown now and have a closed display cabinet now so let the hunting begin! I just love the ones that have been shared in this thread.
We have cats and dogs, and family children that visit. Luckily I've only had 1 break so far, and I was able to get the same one that year because TJX still had it, thank goodness! If any of them broke now, I would just, I would sob!

Now is the time for you to collect away!

I will be going shopping this weekend, so I will try to post every snowglobe I come across, now that I know there is some interest. You guys feel free to do the same!

And share your collections!

Here is part of mine on pinterest:

I still have more to upload :oops:

·
Registered
598 Posts
We have cats and dogs, and family children that visit. Luckily I've only had 1 break so far, and I was able to get the same one that year because TJX still had it, thank goodness! If any of them broke now, I would just, I would sob!

Now is the time for you to collect away!

I will be going shopping this weekend, so I will try to post every snowglobe I come across, now that I know there is some interest. You guys feel free to do the same!

And share your collections!

Here is part of mine on pinterest:

I still have more to upload :oops:
Wow! You have an amazing collection! This is going to sound so dumb but I didn't realize I could upload my own pictures to Pinterest ?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Wow! You have an amazing collection! This is going to sound so dumb but I didn't realize I could upload my own pictures to Pinterest ?
Um, it took me a really long long time to figure out that I could lol It never occurred to me until it did and I had to google it :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
270 Posts
You do have quite the collection. Especially like the candle-shaped cat on pumpkin, the dual silver skulls & all of your "Cemetery" collection. Most I buy need to light and/or have motion but if space was no issue, I would probably dabble further. I saw a crap load at Home Goods in Tinley Park, IL yesterday. They weren't all together though but had to be at least 1 in each section. I took lots of pix & was going to post them on the Home Goods site. If they were all together, I would post here.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Forgot to note my purchase from yesterday....Witch Water Lantern from Kohl's I posted earlier, looks exactly the same as the picture so I won't bother. It's nice in that it was on sale for $24.99 & I had 30% off so well worth it.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
At Tj Maxx this evening I came across these....

The last one was $25 but it was super heavy and high quality and I had to have it! It also lights up and has a metallic swirl!!

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Forgot to note my purchase from yesterday....Witch Water Lantern from Kohl's I posted earlier, looks exactly the same as the picture so I won't bother. It's nice in that it was on sale for $24.99 & I had 30% off so well worth it.
Good score! I am hoping my local Home Goods will have more this saturday

·
Registered
270 Posts
The Kurt Adler one is gorgeous! You should check out the lanterns at Christmas traditions! They have several styles and they are all freaking amazing.

View attachment 717227 View attachment 717228

Those are just a couple! Some of the figures are from the TJX/HG/Mars that I already have, but the lantern casing is making me really want them. They are pretty pricey though! I don't mind sharing this thread with Lantern styles! I can even share those in my shopping. :)

I have a couple of the lantern types, but you are all correct, 80 + globes is alot, and the lanterns usually take up more space lol

I will say that most of the discount type stores have them at a reasonable price. TJX/HG/Mars will have a globe usually from 12.99 to 14.99, but a similar globe will be 30+ at Pier 1. :rolleyes:

I'm jealous of the HSN one! I really like the classic wood bases alot!
Stopped at the local Garden Center that carries some Kurt Adler but didn't have much out yet & was last year's leftovers. Said new in about a week or so. Hoping they have it.

Christmas Traditions has some nice things but too expensive. Won't buy without a coupon or sale. I would make an exception if it was fabulous though.

Saw a ton at Home Goods in Tinley Park, IL yesterday. They weren't together & were all over the place. Nothing I saw lit up but a few were musical/wind-up.

Not sure if you noticed but as of a couple of days ago, the one on HSN is still available on clearance even though I got mine last year.

·
Registered
270 Posts
I know you mentioned that I could hijack your thread by posting lanterns but I think I will start a separate thread just in case someone likes 1 but not the other even though some water globes are lantern-shaped. I happen to like both.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts