Halloween Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So we are planning a Halloween Party, we hosted on last year and realized people really liked being able to play games at their leisure. Thatl way we aren't forcing them to play but they still have fun, we used monopoly money as prizes, and at the end of the night we will have a prize auction where people can bid on what they want. The problem is there are a lot of lame games out there and I'm having a hard time finding things that work as a station. So if any of you have ANY ideas it would help us out so much!

The age group is 18 and older, we will have alcohol available for those old enough to drink. We have a main room we are keeping generally decorated with food and a few games, an Insane Asylum Room, A mad scientist room, a scary elegant room, a morgue and outside. It's also very gory and scary so here are our games we have so far.

Baby Food Guessing Game
We dyed different baby food green and people guess what each one is based on taste (basket of clean plastic spoons by game)

Candy Bar Crush
We microwave candy bars for about 10 seconds, smash them and people look at them and try to guess which candy bar is what.

Blood Bath
This is just a tub of cornstarch and water dyed red and real meat parts floating in it, they stick their arms in it and pull out a token, each token is a certain amount of monopoly money.

Tempt your Fate
We have a wall of balloons, and you get your fate when you pop one. You bring your fate to the two wheels, if you get a good fate you get to spin a reward wheel to figure out whether you get monopoly money or candy and how much monopoly money. If you get a bad fate you spin the demise wheel where there are several embarrassing or random things you have to do, once done you earn monopoly money.

Feel It Boxes
The typical guess what food is in the box (I really argued against this one but we are trying to find more random foods then the typical grapes for eyeballs type thing)

Scary Quote Tree
Quotes from horror movies hanging off the tree, people get a paper to fill out and give back and guess which horror movie the quote is from

Witch hunt
Hidden throughout the house are witch hats, whoever finds the most gets monopoly money

Sticker Game
When people walk in they get a small page of halloween stickers, they spend the night sticking the stickers on each others backs without being noticed, if caught that person gets to put a sticker on the person trying to stick one on them, whom ever has the least amount gets the prize

Horror Movie Scavenger Hunt
Throughout the house we have little things representing a horror movie, people have to find the prop and say which movie its from. (Bloody tiara-Carrie, Redrum in mirror-The Shining

Anymore Ideas would be greatly welcomed, Some more freaky or gross games would be really nice too!! Thank You!!

·
Registered
100 Posts
These are awesome. We've had a party ever year for the past five years and we've never had any sort of planned activity (other than flip cup, beer pong, fire, and dancing). Maybe I'll take a page from your book!

·
Registered
408 Posts
Those games sound great. We usually play tempt of fate and some sort of trivia.

Question for BeeDee, how do you run the games? Do you do it as a group or independently as such?
I like the idea of the witch hunt but don't know how to explain the game to guests (as they often arrive over a few his and not all at once) etc. Your help would be appreciated :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you, we set up stations throughout the house and type up instructions and if needed answer sheets. Then people play games individually because like you people show up at random times throughout the night! We found last year people got bored because we didn't have enough stations so this year I wanted to do more. As for the witch hunt we posted just a random paper on the wall for people to read, in it read something like, throughout the house we have hidden witch hats for you to find, take your time to search and when you feel you've found them all return them to the basket with your name on the ziplock. The game ends at ten. (Or something like that, be warned though last year people were going through everything in the house this year I'm making a point to say they won't be sitting in drawers or cupboards.) I hope that helped some!

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Well, this is kind of gross, but when you asked for "freaky or gross" games, this is what came to my mind! LOL! I associate "gross" with bad smells, so what if you put some bad smelling things into sealed containers and had people take a quick sniff and then write down what they thought it was on a piece of paper. Whoever gets the most answers correct wins a large amount of play money.

Save some glass jars with lids, like spaghetti sauce jars, and clean them all out. Wrap them in black paper and write a number on each jar. Make a paper list with those numbers and a blank space next to them. Stick some cheesecloth or something over the top of the jar and then screw the jar lid on top. Basically you want to make sure that people can't view the contents inside but when they remove the lid, they can smell them. I'm thinking sour milk in a container, a really really stinky piece of cheese, a sock worn by a teenage sports player (ha ha ha!)... you could probably get more ideas via an internet search for "gross smells" or something, and it also depends on how gross you really wanna go.

I don't know if I would be brave enough to play this kind of game, but like I said, it's what I thought of when you said "gross"! Good luck!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts