Halloween Forum banner

61 - 78 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
what do you guys think....if you were going to collect the Addams Family pops which would you prefer? the ones based on original series or the ones from the new movie ?? They are both cute but I can't do both and I can't decide lol

·
Registered
500 Posts
Is the Funko Pop craze always this intense/competitive? Went to two Targets to pick up the Haunted Mansion little normal looking vinyls for me and the regular pops for a friend, and they were out of everything!! :eek:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Is the Funko Pop craze always this intense/competitive? Went to two Targets to pick up the Haunted Mansion little normal looking vinyls for me and the regular pops for a friend, and they were out of everything!! :eek:
Oh yeah it is, if there's one in particular you want get it asap to be on the safe side. Especially the hot topic in door exclusives, resellers will wait outside to snag 2-3

·
Registered
30 Posts
what do you guys think....if you were going to collect the Addams Family pops which would you prefer? the ones based on original series or the ones from the new movie ?? They are both cute but I can't do both and I can't decide lol
View attachment 719480
View attachment 719481 View attachment 719482 View attachment 719483
That's tough since they are all adorable. I think I would go for the original series myself, but with my Pop affinity I might just go for both sets. Yes, I have a problem. Haha

·
Registered
30 Posts
It's definitely competitive here. I am friends with the manager of our Hot Topic, & she's told me about people waiting for the gate to open so they can wipe out the stock of exclusives.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Oh yeah it is, if there's one in particular you want get it asap to be on the safe side. Especially the hot topic in door exclusives, resellers will wait outside to snag 2-3
It's definitely competitive here. I am friends with the manager of our Hot Topic, & she's told me about people waiting for the gate to open so they can wipe out the stock of exclusives.
That is crazy! And rude! I wish they would put a limit on how many people can buy. Kind of takes the fun out of it for the rest of us. :(

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
It really depends on the Pop, The Haunted Mansion is going to be popular and they are more hard to come by in general. So many you can walk in and buy without an issue but if it is unique, exclusive or a very popular subject then yes it s competitive. I found 2 of the large Ezra pops at a Target yesterday, had one in my cart and decided I didn't need that large one....thought about getting it and selling it but I decided I didn't want to be that person so he was put back on the shelf. Probably for the next person to come a long and buy him to put on Ebay...sigh

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
That's tough since they are all adorable. I think I would go for the original series myself, but with my Pop affinity I might just go for both sets. Yes, I have a problem. Haha
I have sooooo freakin many 100's and I'm ashamed of myself . I just can't do both but I want both but I'm leaning toward original. Once I see the movie who knows, I might end up with the whole lot.

·
Registered
30 Posts
That is crazy! And rude! I wish they would put a limit on how many people can buy. Kind of takes the fun out of it for the rest of us. :(
I totally agree. It definitely takes the fun out of it for the rest of us. There should be a limit for sure, especially on exclusives. You can find them on Amazon & eBay but the prices can be crazy high.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I have sooooo freakin many 100's and I'm ashamed of myself . I just can't do both but I want both but I'm leaning toward original. Once I see the movie who knows, I might end up with the whole lot.
Oh, I totally relate. I have way more than I ever thought I would. I told myself it would only be spooky/horror ones, but then I found Nightmare Before Christmas. And Elvira. And the Crow. And pretty soon I was up to my eyeballs in them. But dangit they just keep coming out with cute ones!!

·
Registered
234 Posts
So i have been in the pop game for a while. One thing to know. some will jump in value and never come back down. Others will jump but then if you are patient they will drop and you can buy them later. anything disney and limited will be worth a bunch. so try to pre order when you can. I just got my metallic ursula... so excited! and my 10 inch ursula pop. I also got my bloody hannibal he's super cool

·
Registered
500 Posts
So i have been in the pop game for a while. One thing to know. some will jump in value and never come back down. Others will jump but then if you are patient they will drop and you can buy them later. anything disney and limited will be worth a bunch. so try to pre order when you can. I just got my metallic ursula... so excited! and my 10 inch ursula pop. I also got my bloody hannibal he's super cool
Is it random if the price will go up or down over time?

·
Registered
234 Posts
not really. if it's a popular theme and is a special edition it's probably going to go up.

check out pop price guide.com it has a very large searchable database that takes the average ebay sales of an item over different increments of time.

but obviously limited edition items are worth more and usually hold value. So almost anything from funki fridays (a san diego comic con adjacent event) will be worth several hundred dollars as they are always extremely limited quantities.
nbc, disney (classic) star wars. all super collectable on their own then add that funko is collectable on its own and you can be sure the value will probably go up. But do not purchase funko with the hopes of reselling.

If you are getting into it to make money you are in it for the wrong reasons. I have a couple duplicates that even though they are high value are still not selling. because the ones that were paying that already got theirs. LOL

Sorry that was super long!

Is it random if the price will go up or down over time?

·
Registered
500 Posts
not really. if it's a popular theme and is a special edition it's probably going to go up.

check out pop price guide.com it has a very large searchable database that takes the average ebay sales of an item over different increments of time.

but obviously limited edition items are worth more and usually hold value. So almost anything from funki fridays (a san diego comic con adjacent event) will be worth several hundred dollars as they are always extremely limited quantities.
nbc, disney (classic) star wars. all super collectable on their own then add that funko is collectable on its own and you can be sure the value will probably go up. But do not purchase funko with the hopes of reselling.

If you are getting into it to make money you are in it for the wrong reasons. I have a couple duplicates that even though they are high value are still not selling. because the ones that were paying that already got theirs. LOL

Sorry that was super long!
No worries on the length! I like how you explained everything! Thanks for all the info!

So basically the Haunted Mansion ones will never go down in price...darn. I will keep checking back in at Target!

·
Registered
234 Posts
LOL!!!! Well if it is sold out on target it will probably stay that way. But there are a few other websites to check. You can always check out facebook marketplace and mercari. When buying from facebook of mercari make sure you cross reference in the pop price guide. Some people try to really bump up the value. like ppg will have it at 40 and someone on FB is trying to get 75...

Edited to remove big apple collectables - i just heard tell that they are sending fakes... so do not risk it!
No worries on the length! I like how you explained everything! Thanks for all the info!

So basically the Haunted Mansion ones will never go down in price...darn. I will keep checking back in at Target!

61 - 78 of 78 Posts
About this Discussion
77 Replies
15 Participants
sneakykid
Halloween Forum
Halloween forum - Keeping the Halloween spirit alive 365 days a year. Discuss decorations, costumes and more!
Full Forum Listing