Halloween Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Prop Master
728 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm having a hell of a time coming up with funds for Halloween this year. I get 99% of material for free but i was hoping to buy some more tarps and extension cords this year, but 2015 has been an extremely difficult year for us, harder than usual. Anybody else had an harder year than most?

·
Registered
668 Posts
I can relate 100%. I needed dental work and my insurance is lousy. $3000 out of pocket for crowns. Couldn't put it off any longer. I'll catch up, it was just bad timing with Halloween right around the corner.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Yep. It started with catching up from being mostly unemployed last year, taking a trip that was planned before my finances went to hell and was now, well, ill advised but awesome, then burning out on nights and switching to days on the promise that I'd only have to pay for day care out of pocket for 2-3 weeks while the subsidy kicked in, which instead took 3 months. We're finally to the point now where i'm not lying awake and night worried about how we were going to pay everything, but then we still have to put the emergency fund back and pay down the credit cards. So very little will be spent on halloween this year as we clean up the mess and put money towards Christmas spending for my 2 little girls.

·
Creepy Homeschool Mom
778 Posts
Oh yes, we're definitely feeling the crunch this year! I'm hoping that we get the money we're owed by some people, as well as sell our house. Three houses is just getting to be a tad much for us to handle! (Who am I kidding, it's been too much to handle)

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Oh yeah, it's always a really tight squeeze for my family the last 4 months of the year. All of our birthdays, our wedding anniversary, Halloween, Thanksgiving & Christmas, as well as a yearly fall trip we take - they all combine to have us spending a lot more money than we normally do, and we feel it in our bank statements!

It's hard too, because I restrain myself from spending most of the year in order to be able to pick up Halloween & Christmas decorations or extra birthday treats, so when this time of year finally comes around, the last thing I really want to do is stick to a budget. Boo!

·
Somewhat Eccentric
2,278 Posts
There have been several changes in our household this year. The business my husband worked for closed its doors a few weeks before our daughter was born. Then I decided that I wanted to be a work-at-home mom and turned my small business over to my husband who has pretty much been involved since day one. So now we only have one income and although we are living comfortably, we don't have much extra right now. I've picked up a few things at thrift stores and yard sales but I know we'll be staying at the Ronald McDonald house for the duration of my daughter's hospital stay next month and need to keep some funds for expenses while there. So no major purchases for Halloween here.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts