Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone.. I'm trying to get a Youtube channel going with Halloween events, prop ideas, and mentioning vendors on it also.. plus mentioning the great prop ideas everyone have here on the forum too.. Let me know what you think, comments, complaints,etc.. so i can make it better..

here is a link to the Youtube channel.. Thanks Guys & Gals..

YouTube - Halloween FX Files First episode Halloween tips, projects, etc

B

·
0 Posts
hmmm...has potential, needs some tweaking, overall not bad. Reminded me of a used car commercial though, no offense.

·
~zombie hunter~
3,346 Posts
I think it's a great idea. So far the only thing I'd change is the voice on the skeleton that appeard before you started to talk. he was kinda hard to understand.Other than that it looks great!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Used Car for Sale..?

hmmm...has potential, needs some tweaking, overall not bad. Reminded me of a used car commercial though, no offense.
LOL.. Thanks Bear.. I might have a used corpse in the back, seats 1 though, the body creeks & cracks a bit, but a little ole lady used to walk it on Sundays only..LOL..

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks...

I think it's a great idea. So far the only thing I'd change is the voice on the skeleton that appeard before you started to talk. he was kinda hard to understand.Other than that it looks great!
Thanks Halloweenrocks08 yeah..it needs tweaking here and there but thats why I'd like your comments so I know what everyone would like to see.. keep it coming people..don't be scared to criticize, I'm sure Youtube people won't be..LOL.. :D

·
SuperBeast
1,641 Posts
I think the idea is awesome. The things I would change is the opacity of the object boxes on the page. With the background showing through, it's hard to read the text.

Second, (and don't get me wrong, at least you have the coins to stand in front of a camera and represent all of us freaks), I would work on the speech. You seemed a little nervous, and a little practice with the speaking and enthusiasm would probably make a huge difference. (I couldn't do it AT ALL!!!)

But, overall, I think it's great that you would put the time and effort into this. I'll be excited about seeing your page grow. Great job.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks...

I think the idea is awesome. The things I would change is the opacity of the object boxes on the page. With the background showing through, it's hard to read the text.

Second, (and don't get me wrong, at least you have the coins to stand in front of a camera and represent all of us freaks), I would work on the speech. You seemed a little nervous, and a little practice with the speaking and enthusiasm would probably make a huge difference. (I couldn't do it AT ALL!!!)

But, overall, I think it's great that you would put the time and effort into this. I'll be excited about seeing your page grow. Great job.
Thanks, Rookiespooker.. Yeah first time doing this so i was a bit nervous.. but as it goes along it might get better.. (( I HOPE )) LOL.. I have another one coming up.. I have a little surprise for someone on here in Halloween Forum..He might get a kick out of it.. :D

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
B

·
0 Posts
hey crazy Kevin, how'd ya know I love the Ghostbusters mobile? Great spin on the comment, thanks. I'll shoot ya a PM with some info.

·
~zombie hunter~
3,346 Posts
Great seconed episode. The only problem with that was the music when you were talking about the How To. The music in the background is to loud. It kind of makes you lose focus when your trying to listen to you. Very great job though. Oh and you shirt looks alot cooler. :)

·
Scared Silly
1,931 Posts
Not half bad!

As a video guy, I have a few suggestions:
-Keep your audio and video synchronized. Sometimes they get un-synched during uploading, but it makes a world of difference to keep them together.

-Work on the chroma key. It looks like you need to tweak your spill suppression. Also, don't be afraid to mask out any areas your subject doesn't normally travel to, and animate the mask as you go along.

-The pacing is a tad slow. I felt like some information was repeated.

-Your microphone doesn't pick up your voice very well when you turn to the side. I'm not saying don't move around, but be ready to pump the volume when it goes quiet so your viewers don't have to.

Keep it up! You can really go somewhere with this show.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
My Sense of Humor might need some Gravy...!!

you lost me with this one...sorry
Trying to add a little humor to it.. you know (BONES)... in Star Trek.. sorry.. I guess my humor is a bit dry..I thought listening to HOW TO's all the time might get boring after a while..
:confused:

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Hey Guys.. I'm kinda of back...???

Hi everybody it's been a while for me on the forum... if anyone remembers i had lost my job back in January, so money has been extremely tight lately.. but after looking and looking.. my old job calls me back a month ago... so steadily i've been recovering.. but anyway enough of my SOBBING story... :eek: in time for Halloween season, i might not be able to make a Halloween show at my house this year but i can at least share a video i did with the kids especially with the NEW SAW VI movie coming out this Halloween.. enjoy..!! appreciate any comments...

1 - 20 of 26 Posts