Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Accuweather.com has a 45-day forecast which, for our area, is reasonably accurate. Today is the first day that Halloween is available and it's currently coming in as sunny and 51 degrees! Woohoo!!! Fingers crossed, it'll hold.

What are the forecasts for your areas?

·
Registered
14,263 Posts
Supposedly showers the day before (only two times in the month, would figure) high of 73 and low of 43. If I run a fogger this year it will probably be noticeable. Kind of a cool day to set up. Wouldn't mind it dry before and during and a bit warmer on high and low. I like when we are warm enough to sit out on the porch all night handing out candy. This is so far out it's more like a fairy tale for where I live.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Cloudy with thunderstorms. :p. It'll probably change 100 times between now and then but I'd feel better if it said 65 and sunny. God forbid we have decent weather for Halloween.

·
Caretaker of Eerie Manor
6,643 Posts
duplicate post

·
Caretaker of Eerie Manor
6,643 Posts
Our forecast changes daily here so I put absolutely no stock in any forecast over two days out. I'll settle for dry and non-hurricane force winds. Calling for windy and occassional rain, and the whole week looks dreary. Too early to even worry about it.

·
Undertaker
3,270 Posts
Our forecast changes daily here so I put absolutely no stock in any forecast over two days out. I'll settle for dry and non-hurricane force winds. Calling for windy and occassional rain, and the whole week looks dreary. Too early to even worry about it.
I always follow JDubbyas advice......that and a sacrificial goat always gets me thru.....

·
Resident Potterhead
1,971 Posts
46 with a night time low of 33, so in other words, I'm gonna freeze my butt off when at the amusement park getting my scare on.

However, snow predicted for the 17th... probably wont happen, but its nice to see it on the forecast this early in the year, we never got snow any earlier than the end of November in Kansas.

·
Human Candy Shovel
1,107 Posts
Man, my forecast sucks...

2 in 3 chance or better of rain on October 30, with winds gusting as high as 32 mph and thunderstorms overnight into Halloween morning. Then for Halloween, rain all morning, spotty showers in the afternoon and evening, and still gusty winds. Finally, on clean up day, rain much of the day and the bad weather doesn't clear out until after dark.

I was thinking the rain wouldn't be a bother since I could just cover the spider tunnel with tarps, which I half expected to do anyway because of street lights, but the wind puts a damper on that plan.

I'll check again like once a week to see if things improve, otherwise my display will be mighty static come Halloween night.

·
Registered
455 Posts
High 65
Low 40

SWEET!!!

·
Registered
363 Posts
agree scatterbrains, but as for aw its say's most week raining and cloudy but decreasing clouds the big night here in the pac n.w will see

·
Seer of All
2,939 Posts
Well it shows absolutely no rain for the entire month of October and that's probably correct, considering that we're in a drought so severe that our city water supply is almost depleted. For the first time ever, I would not complain at all about a rained-out Halloween!

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Well it shows absolutely no rain for the entire month of October and that's probably correct, considering that we're in a drought so severe that our city water supply is almost depleted. For the first time ever, I would not complain at all about a rained-out Halloween!
It's too bad they couldn't channel some of our rain water down your way. I could probably supply your whole household needs all month just with my my gutter run off in Oct. In fact, it's raining right now. And what a shocker... Cloudy, some rain, and windy on the 31st. Gotta love living in the NE.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts