Halloween Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone!

As some of you might already know, Halloween has never been a very popular holiday in Australia. People would often complain that it's either some devil worshipper's ritual, or that it's an American holiday and they refuse to celebrate it. How ignorant of them! Anyway, the amount of Trick or Treaters in this town the first few Halloweens I was here was disappointing. So one year, a friend of mine decided to print out a bunch of posters on A4 and A3 paper, reminding people about Halloween on the 31st, with a few other details, and posted them up on lamp posts and walls all over town. That year, there were ten times as many kids Trick or Treating, and the next two years after that have seen even more kids. They're beginning to remember about Halloween again! I think our garage set-up with the Bat Cave mini-walkthrough and Halloween porch displays may have helped as well.

This year we want to spread awareness about Halloween again, by putting posters and flyers up around town since Halloween has more potential than ever before to be a really big and exciting event, being on a Friday, and the fact that all the local cheap shops now stock Halloween costumes and decorations. But people still keep forgetting about Halloween until it's too late.

So, I was wondering if anyone else out there would like to help make some posters that can be printed out by anyone and put up around our towns to remind people about Halloween and how much fun it can be to take part in the spirit of the event. It doesn't have to have a particular theme, but it should have all the important details about Halloween such as the date, the origin of Halloween, what it's all about so kids and parents know what it's all about.

Just remember to keep the details on the flyer non-specific so anyone in the world can download this and it will still be relevant to their town. I've included a few examples I've found on the internet below of flyers that we can make ourselves with all the important information about Halloween. Post all your mock-up flyers here and if anyone else wants to help out with anything like wording, design and things like that, feel free! I realise there's not much time until Halloween, but something like this could also be re-used again for the next year and the year after as well.

Click on the pictures below to view the larger version.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was thinking of including some standard text such as

* The date it's traditionally held each year - 31st October
* What it's all about - the costumes and the trick or treating
* Safety reminders. eg. remind children to Trick or Treat with friends or family

It should also include some space for people to add more specific text for their hometown such as a reminder of the public Halloween events in your area that anyone can attend. I'm not very good at designing posters which is why I'm asking for help with this. I think just about anything Halloween related such as pumpkins, ghosts, creepy crawlies, bats, witches wold be fantastic on the poster. This poster is for helping to hopefully spread awareness about Halloween anywhere in the world. Anything else you want to add, feel free to!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts