Halloween Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all! Hope everyone had an excellent Halloween! It felt more like nightmare before Christmas, with the snow and hail and whatnot, but that's how it goes sometimes, riiiiight? ???

I've always loved Halloween, but have really gotten into the whole decorating aspect the last decade or so. It all started out with a couple tombstones, a couple dummies with masks, and some lights. Before I knew it, my crawlspace, my closet, and eventually, a good third of my attic was consumed with Halloween decorations. Always strapped for cash being a broke college student, I have become quite creative over the years, and have some made some great displays with stuff found from the dollar tree, the alley, and forest preserve lol. I'm the first to put up decorations in the neighborhood, around early September lol, and the last to take them down. My displays are a hodge-podge of kiddie, spooky, and cool.

When I was little, I always loved going out to the best decorated houses when trick or treating, no matter how scared I was lol... I guess that's what inspired me to do what I do.

In Chicago, Halloween truly is a crapshoot. Some years, it has rained, snowed, and other years it has felt like summer and I bbqed lol, running out to Walgreens halfway through the night to get more candy because we had a huge influx of tot'ers. Plus, before you know it, the big day is gone, and I get really sad for a week, especially when taking everything down. So I've learned to celebrate the Halloween season, for a good two months. everything from hosting and attending Halloween parties to hosting pumpkin carving nights, Apple picking days and scary movies nights, I desperately try to make every day halloweeny until it's all gone.

My dream decor; a ridiculously good zombie display complete with a hearse, or a haunted house with a ton of really trippy ghosts.

When I'm not fantasizing about the best holiday of the year, I am an active member of a local ghost hunting group, and have coordinated some really cool cemetary crawls this year, even working on a book about my experiences.

Phew, I'm done rambling for now. Just wish I found this site earlier, man! Nice to meet you all in advance! Can't wait to chat it up with my fellow halloweeners! Stay scary!

Attachments

·
Registered
387 Posts
Welcome! You're in the right place and I promise you'll be very successful finding ghosts here. They even speak to you, look at your photos and well . . . you know how ghosts are! :D

GiggleingGhost

1 - 11 of 11 Posts